1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
646 Posts
It sounds interesting especially if they start selling them with the 6spd M/T. I wonder if that EJ25 has the oil sprayers for the pistons?

·
Registered
2000 BRP RS coupe
351 Posts
Bump, there's a short article about the Forrester 2.5 XT in the latest issue of drive.

Hopefully the engine will wire into the GC8 chassis easier than the EJ20 did. Getting 210 hp from a 2.5L up to where the normal WRX should not be a problem. From what it looks like so far, the engine is going to be turned for torque. :)

I wonder if it would be possible to maybe throw in a set of STi cams and ECU and bump the power up to the STi's level.

I predict many a projects to be started this year. :D

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I wonder if it would be possible to maybe throw in a set of STi cams and ECU and bump the power up to the STi's level.
i doubt that. the STi engine is completely built. you'd need new pistons and valves at least me thinks. at least to do it with any sort of reliablity. but who knows, i may be wrong.

·
Registered
MY95 Impreza L Wagon
423 Posts
No problem

I'm sure STi levels on that block will be no problem considering people are able to get Sti levels of power out of stock 2.5 NA blocks when combined with good management. I know I plan on doing a 2.5 forester block swap in the future, for my more modest HP goals the price differance of this over the STi will make it ideal.
Joshua

·
Registered
STi V3 RA VLTD RHD
694 Posts
10th Warrior said:
better sharpen my sword for seppeku, which i'll have to commit when i get own3d by a forester.
Better get ready then... :D When I had my Forester (N/A) I used to keep up with N/A lightly modded RSs, even through the twisties! And mine was A/T and the RS was 5MT! Boy, was he surprised...

For the record, I had RS suspension (AGXs, stock RS springs, 18mm sway bar, Cusco Bars front & back) and Borla Header & K&N Drop in. RS had 18mm sway, K&N drop-in, Stromung cat-back, and I think a header.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I wonder how much they will cost for a wrecked turbo Forester out of the junkyard. I wouldn't mind swapping one into my car while I build up another EJ25.

·
Registered
1993 Miata-T
224 Posts
You wouldnt even need the ECU for the engine.. Pick up the Forester Engine and a Link. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts