Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Heh, looks like ALOT of people trying to get a guy fired. The thing that I don't get is why is everyone acting like the guy killed her daughter and ate her eyes. He drove her high performance car very fast without her permission. Yeah it's fucked up and unprofessional, and the guy shouldn't be working there, but there was someone in that thread "expressing his condolences". Kinda blown outta proportion if you ask me. Was the car new, still in its break-in period? If so, then I'd say its justified. If not, then get the fucker fired and move on.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, they fired him already, but the thread goes into details about other people having similar problems. Like one guy who worked at a shop, and a Viper came in with like 10 miles on it. Well, a tech took it out and crashed at 120 mph - body damage, 4 flat tires, bent rims, etc.

They repaired the car and never told the owner! :eek:

It's the principle of the matter. If someone wrecked my Typhoon, or abused it, I would sure as shit be pissed.

Now they are at the point where people feel the dealer should either provide her with (1) an extended warranty to cover future problems the car might have due to abuse or (2) replace the car outright.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Holy crap! I didn't read that part. Yeah, I'd be one furious monkey if that happened to me. And I'd be pushin for a new car, fuck repairs and a warranty. :curse: :curse:

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
it depends on how hard they drive my car. if they just rev my car up and shift gentlely, i wouldn't mind. but if they are abusing my car like "just not give a damn", i'll be mad. a performance car is made to be pushed. yea, it does depend on if her car was during break-in period.

jz

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wow, thanks for posting about that, RS25.

I can't say it's surprising. But it is a good reminder for all of us to not let our guard down when going to a dealer/shop. What is surprising is how just about every single make/model car enthusiast owners forum has shown support. It's the closest thing to world peace that we might ever see. lol

And this is when I'm looking for a good shop to take my RS to have my new struts installed. :(

Anyone have any good suggestions for a shop where the chance of my car getting raped by a neanderthal tech is, um, less than 50%? (I'm being cautiously optimistic here.)

I'm in the Silver Spring, MD area.

Thanks,

gone

·
Registered
1999/2017 RSTI
221 Posts
ouch... actually i'm dreading the day i leave calgary and go to LA.. my dealership is awesome.. they tell me when and how they push the car when i ask for diagnostics and they even tell me how my mods compare with some modded WRXs . they never let any of the other techs drive my car only the master tech... i just hope i can find half a dealership in LA

·
Registered
17 Posts
OMG this happened too close for comfort :( Unfortuneately this kinda stuff happens all the time. I took my accord in for body work just over a year ago and it came out with a burned up clutch/warped rotors..When I pulled up to pick the car up I heard them revving it in the body shop. Boy was I pissed off.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I think I would shoot flame from my eyes if this happened to me. We don’t know what happened to our cars before we got them or what they do to them when they are in shops. I was a mechanic at a gas station for a little while and some of the guys used to drive the shit out of customer cars and steel shit out of them. I was under my RS shortly after I got it and I noticed the cross member is scuffed up bad. I know I never slammed it so it must have been a hard test drive or something. I would trust the guys I bought it from with my sister but it was dealer traded so I have no idea who had their hands on it before him. The best thing to do is not take your ride into a shop for anything.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
I'm glad there is such a strong support for this topic. All the different vehicle types, bikes, trucks, and... animation forums are in support of getting, not only this incident, but the whole problem resolved. Letters are written to that Ford dealership, the Ford corp., and local newsgroups. This is a time for all enthusiasts to get together (yes... even ricers... :rolleyes: ) and work on this specific problem.

United we drive

ps- I read the whole post. The Tech lost his job and isn't posting on that forum anymore, and the guy supporting him on the net is on the verge of getting banned.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Oops! Can't forget... there was a Starwars and a Startrek forum sharing their input. :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts