Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a time when I was torn between a new RS and the Cougar. But instead I lost interest in the Cougar in favor of the RS. I wish the Cougar S came out but unfortunately it's dead.
But before that I really liked the Ford Contour. It was cool. An american car based on the european Mondeo.
Fast forward to today. I was thumbing through an old issue of SCC. There was an article about the Contour SVT. I think I'll look into getting one as a 2nd car.

Thanks for your time. I'm sure I've bored everyone and will end this now. :sunny:

Sunny

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was thinking about the Sho the other day, too.
though I liked the first SHO with the Yamaha engine.
THat engine would be something to brag about. yeah yamaha the motorcycle company designed my engine....
I wonder if it would be like a typical american
luxury car inside. I have been in a regular 1987(I think) taurus, and I was really unimpressed.

·
Registered
161 Posts
SHO's

Their interiors are a lot nicer than a standard Taurus, MOST were leather with all the options and sport suspensions along with the Yamaha engine, just some stats for ya on the engines though, their not all that compaired to a lot of the cars their supposed to compete with.

1989-1995 3.0 Liters 220Hp, 200 FtLbs V6
1993-1995 3.2 Liters 220Hp, 215 FtLbs V6
1996-1999 3.4 Liters 235Hp, 230 FtLbs V8

thier a good improvement on the base 3.0 that only puts out 140-160 HP but it's still a midsized family sedan.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm convinced. I'm going to do some research on the SVT and maybe make it a sensible (4 doors) 2nd car to my RS.
it would also make a good sleeper project car.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had a Contour SVT two cars prior to my RS. Great car. Enough power to make it fun, stealthy enough to get away with it.

If you haven't already, check out the Contour Enthusiast Group. Lots of information, and some great people to boot. While you're there, browse the photo gallery for pictures of "Spring Zing". It's a get-together that I hosted in '99 and '00. You'll not only see pictures of me (when I was about 90lbs heavier :eek: ), but of the infamous Peaty as well... :D

Oh, and if you're wondering why I got rid of the SVT....basically, I got bored, wanted another BMW. So I traded it on a 318ti, which I later traded on the RS!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info Mike.
I'm starting to love this board almost as much as I love my RS.
Not only can I chat about subarus, but I can also talk to other people who have an open mind about other cars as well :happynow:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts