Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short... my friend's car was stolen, he needs a new one. Had an appointment to test an SVT Focus... Respectible hp/weight ratio, 6 speed, wheels, suspention, warrenty etc.

So we get to the dealership and look at the sticker. Base $19,995 second sticker $8999!!! We test drove it... sure it's neat. BUT NOT THIRTY THOUSAND DOLLARS NEAT.

Oh and they refused to drop the second sticker price because it was an "SVT"... oookkayy. Talk about going after the performance crowd in the WRONG way... Anyone who is half informed about cars would see what the other options were. :rolleyes: So we hit the Audi dealership and then Carter Subaru after that.

The big blue oval's still got a thing or two to learn. :nuetron:

·
Registered
197 Posts
lol! that is just pathetic...for the dealers. Aren't the dealers the ones who mark the price up, and not the manufacturers themselves? I'm just asking.... If ford did indeed put up their "second sticker" of 9 freakin thousand dollars, they are basically defeating the idea of "affordable pocket rocket"...

I doubt Ford is the one responsible

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't most large dealers have to report back to the parent company at some point? I know Honda is a real stickler on their Acura sales. I don't know really... but I would like to think Ford would like to know what's going on with that model... especially if there are only 2000 of them out there.

·
Registered
89 Posts
well whatever they are doing has been tried with Mazda dealers too. I think it was last November when I went and looked at an MP3, all I was interested in was test driving the thing. However I didn't inform the salesman of that. When I looked at the sticker on the car I was impressed with the $18,000 price tag. To my surprise was a second sticker hiking the price up an extra $4 grand. When I asked the salesman about this he said that the dealership would most likely not budge off the price tag, WOW. On top of that the car was not available for test driving since it was so rare, he said. I told him it was not a BMW and I guess it didn't matter that my business would go elsewhere. They didn't care. So it sounds to me like Ford may have some issues with price hikes on these freakin tin cans.

·
Registered
07 wrx
180 Posts
its a focus!!!!!!!! tell your friend if he still wants it theres really nothign that good for it anyway!!!! let me say it again its a focus!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1999 2.5RS
355 Posts
10th Warrior said:
so is the WRC car :stupid: we'll see what happens with the EVO...
Oh please, the WRC focus in no shape or form mechanically resembles and US production Fucus :p. It literally, with all due respect, is still a pos ford. They need to realize they dont have such a strong name in the sport compact market, and having a ridiculously overpriced little car like that wont make things any better.

remember, F.O.R.D
Fuckers Only Roll Downhill

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
it's... Found On the Road Dead...:p

Tell your buddy to check out the new Tiburon. It's a damn nice car...:D It is about 21k with all the goodies (6 speed, V6, etc.). I know it's a hyundai, but with 10yr./100,000 mile warranty, who cares?! ;)

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
They need to realize they dont have such a strong name in the sport compact market, and having a ridiculously overpriced little car like that wont make things any better.
they do realize that and are trying to change it with the SVT and a full parts catalogue. remember, its the dealers who are marking the car up, not ford, hence my point about the EVO. it'll be 25-30k from the factory, but watch as the gouging commences.

oh, and they do have a strong name in sport compacts in europe, where they sell fun things like the focus RS and the Puma.

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
10th Warrior said:
remember, its the dealers who are marking the car up, not ford, hence my point about the EVO. it'll be 25-30k from the factory, but watch as the gouging commences.
I don't think the EVO will be a limited model. You might see markups, but not for long...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts