Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey peeps.. i was only wonder if anyone knows anything about this kit.. power wise. they claim that the kit has no lag.. and i was wondering if anyone can tell me anything about the kit due to experience, word of mouth, and/or contact will Forced Air Tech...
thanks alot.

p.s. ...and the...
"THIS KIT
HAS A
UNIQUE
FEATURE.
IT HAS A DAILY
DRIVER
MODE OR
A RACING
MODE. IT'S ONLY
1 SIMPLE
ADJUST-MENT."

sound niffty..:) aigght peeps peace.. er... o_O? eh?

if pic doesnt load.. then tri:
http://www.forcedairtech.com/FORCED-AIR-TECH-STAGE4-KIT.html

Attachments

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
I don't know alot about the company, but that looks like a pretty cool setup. But I would have to change the intake system, the one filter just won't flow well enough to feed two turbos, I wouldn't think. I'd move the battery to the trunk, then put a filter there for the drivers side turbo, then straighten out the tubing for the passenger side turbo.

*time passes*

OK, just looked at the site, and see that setup you have pictured is for the 98-99's with the MAF. The 00 and up setup is like what I said. I believe that kastle has that setup on his RS, although I might be remembering the wrong name. But I know somebody has that setup, I've seen it before.

·
Premium Member
1999 OBS Steel Blue Mica
256 Posts
I suppose no one does searches here anymore.... :rolleyes:

I had the prototype RS-TT kit from Forced Air Tech (FAT) on my RS for a few months. Robert has not sold a single kit and was forced to re-engineer the kit on his car when we decided to remove the kit from my car.

The system is comprised mainly of 2 GT15 turbo's (I was running 10psi on each), lots of piping, and a crossover...

This is what the kit looked like prior to the crossover piping being done.

I highly doubt that Robert will actually sell the kits at this time. Too many factors, like proper engine management are needed, raising the price to well over $6000.

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm......... how much power was produced with the TT kit?
and times ur were able to get?

·
Premium Member
1999 OBS Steel Blue Mica
256 Posts
I was never able to get running well enough to take it to the track or dyno test it. I was experiancing wastegate leak and boost creep that was pushing me upwards of 15psi :eek: at around 5500RPMs in all gears.

My best guess was 265hp. The stage II FAT kit that I have now puts out much more power.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
My understanding is that the TT kit really needs dual intake manifolds, or the air coming into the engine does weird things - fighting each other basically.

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm so what you are saying is.. that the FAT Stage II puts out more that 260hp? that sond pretty good...

oh yea.. i have a guestion i wanted answered long ago.. but never seem to figure it out, (with research done..)
im lookin for kits/engines that give me power to run 12's-13's or less..
from 2.0 T engines swaps, 2.2 legacy T swaps, to.. 2.5 turbo kits..
i dont knoe what is more reliable, what is easier, or does how much does it cost... if anyone can find links or what ever that will help...

personally i though of 2.0 swaps, + 2.2 stroker kits.. (because i like the "2.2" thing..) but heard its rather Expensive? import cost + labor and all..

then i though of 2.2 legacy swaps, but heard unsuccessful stories?

and im lost with the 2.5 turbo kits.. i dunno what is good or not good any more.. except Ludespeed and FAT?

well im out.. peace o_O?

·
Registered
852 Posts
The bottom line BEST turbo kit you can buy is the one that comes on the WRX. It is the most reliable kit out there, and performs well too.

If you want torque that will throw you back in your seat at practically ANY RPM, then get a turbo on a 2.5L engine.

If you don't want the torque that RS-T's produce, then get the 2.2-Turbo engine. Swaps can be done easily and parts can found even moreso. You can run up to 15 psi on that block, as it was designed for a turbo. High 12's and low 13's are probably VERY attainable, it just depends on how bad you want to wreck your tranny.

Just remember, Subaru's are NOT drag cars, they are much more at home on autocross courses and road tracks. Thats where you will feel the true potential of the time you can get with AWD and forced induction.

Graham

·
Registered
65 Posts
I drove the FAT twin turbo car last week. It helps to be neighbors :)
Robert has solved the problem that he had with KASTLE's car. The kit with a single intake is for 99's because of the MAF. 2000 and 01's use the twin intakes like KASTLE posted. The car is fast - I've never experienced a turbo that spooled up so fast. It's definetely quicker then a single stage on the low end and seems comparable at the top end. It is very easy to change the mode if you can lift the hood. I already have a FAT kit on my car so I'm not gaining anything by talking up Robert's kit. Any of his kits are well engineered and are a good value in my opinon.

·
Registered
RSTi, STi V6, BRZ Turbo
6,318 Posts
People love to praise the 2.2 legacy block, but never seem to remember that while it was made for turbo, it was only designed for 160 hp. The block itself is great. It is a closed deck and has oil squirters under the pistons. If you use that block, please throw away the pistons and rods.
The latest trend in CA is to swap in the entire WRX motor and ecu. Smog legal turbo power that has a ton of well tested aftermarket parts ready sure sounds nice to me.

·
Registered
852 Posts
The latest trend in CA is to swap in the entire WRX motor and ecu. Smog legal turbo power that has a ton of well tested aftermarket parts ready sure sounds nice to me.

I thoroughly agree. There's no better of an option than finding an engine that has a serious aftermarket and lots of potential. BUT, the price to do the EJ20 (i.e. WRX) swap is still a bit on the pricey side as compared to the EJ22-T short block that can be bought brand new from Subaru for $1100. The cheapest WRX engines that I have seen go for anywhere from $4000-$6000, and that's just the the parts.

If you put the new pistons and rods in the EJ22-T block you would still be WELL under the amount of an EJ20, and you would still be making more torque than any EJ20.

Graham

·
Registered
240 Posts
scoobyrs25 said:
People love to praise the 2.2 legacy block, but never seem to remember that while it was made for turbo, it was only designed for 160 hp. The block itself is great. It is a closed deck and has oil squirters under the pistons. If you use that block, please throw away the pistons and rods.
I've seen people run over 12psi on a stock EJ22T bottom end with propper management and not harm the engine.

Eric

1 - 13 of 13 Posts