Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
01 2.5RS White - 4EAT
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Citations for modified exhaust is no longer a "fix-it ticket." This has been in effect since Jan. of 2002. Therefore, the price has risen to $114:eek: :curse: . I just came from the L.A. Superior Court to pay (which I didn't..just got an extension). I might actually consider fighting it this time.:mad:

·
Registered
01 2.5RS White - 4EAT
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TMRRALLY

How was it your's came in the mail? I think the price depends on either the city or county you're in.

When I talked to Steve over at Suby Specialties, he said that a customer had come in saying that when he got an exhaust ticket, the officer stated that he had the right to impound the car. What the fuck is going on!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
And it'll probably get a lot worse if the governer signs the new "historical" emissions laws. It's on his desk right now.

Luckily, there is a small light of hope: politics. See, our governer, being a far-left liberal, needs to keep his environmental geek voters happy, hense he needs to sign the bill. However, signing the bill would REALLY REALLY piss of everyone else.

A spokesman for the governer just stated that they need to look over the bill some more with some lawyers to make sure the wording is right and will prolly not make a decision until September. Hmm... let's think. (A) he can only sign or veto, but cannot change any wording of a bill, (B) september is after the upcomming elections! How nice... i bet that's a coincidence! :p

The thing is, there's no real oponent. The only guy oposing him is a hard-right guy. So if he doesn't sign the bill, he will piss off the far-left enviro-geeks but not enough for them to vote for a hard-right guy. If he signs it, he guarantees a lotta lost votes. So, from a political view, he should ditch the bill. But that's just me :)

I'm hoping his delay tactic is so he won't sign it but we'll see *crosses fingers*

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
ivbdn........you should get a notice in the mail about the ticket, but they say not everyone gets one. My ticket was issued by the CHP and will be going through the West Covina court. Is the amount maybe based on how many other times you have been wrote up for the same infraction?? I know this is my 3rd on this car, but I had one thrown out of court and the other was in Orange County not LA.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Dude I got a notice in the mail to pay a fee of 77 dollars it didn't really say anythi0ng about fixing the stuff Hey Sean was this the same thing for you?

·
Registered
01 2.5RS White - 4EAT
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess mine's different since I had a prior exhaust ticket that wasn't dismissable.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Southern California has made a mark in history as one of the best places to breathe in smog, but how is fining owners of modified exhausts going to help anything? Icecream trucks (god, I love the smell), huge 18 wheelers, and people who don't care if their car smokes or not (older model [but not too much older] Fords, Pontiacs, and the like blow smoke like there's no tomorrow). Why is a modified exhaust a concern? Loud mufflers save lives.

·
Registered
01 2.5RS White - 4EAT
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
According to the old CHP bulletin (which is now superceded by the updated VC as of 1/2002) it's a nuisance(sp?) issue.

With the way things are going , life's a big fat whore and she's fuckin' us car enthusiasts over.

·
Registered
01 2.5RS White - 4EAT
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A little update for you guys. I asked Steve over at SEMA about the CHP Bulletin and basically it is now superceded by the current VC.

·
Registered
82 Posts
a little tid bit of info for you guys...

A modified exhaust does not effect the carbon monoxide output of a car. It raises only the C02 output. You remember what C02 is right? It's the stuff we exhale. Apparently breathing is bad for the enviroment. Maybe good ol' gov. Davis will sign a bill limiting the amount of breaths we take in a day.
If you are as pissed as I am at these stupid laws tell Davis in Nov when you go vote. His opponent (Bill Simon) has pledged to get rid of a lot of these laws...he's a car collector :)

_M_

PS-All the cars in CA account for inly one tenth of one perecnt of all the Carbon Monoxide (stuff that causes smog) emisions in the world.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts