Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, how do i get these fog light covers to stay in the damn bumper ?

are they removable ?

so far i have two verticle prongs that slide up into slots at the top of the fog light hole, and another tab that slides into a slot..... nothing clips in place, and the stupid things fall out.....

is there a clip for this ? the dealer couldnt find anything.

thanks

b

·
Registered
01 2.5 RS STM Sedan
52 Posts
There should be a hole for a bolt that goes through in one corner and connects to the car. I still need to figure out the size so I can install mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i saw the hole, but there is already a bolt in the mounting bracket that holds the light to the plate.... get a longer bolt ?

ha ! and the holes dont line up

·
Registered
2000 subaru 2.5rs 4dr
2,510 Posts
u have to drill a small hole in the bumper than use a long screw, do not use the hole for your fog lamp to mount, drill a hole beside that.

·
OG GC
MY00 BRP RS...still adding to
4,471 Posts
/\/\ My Ebay mesh covers came with a long-ass wood screw that I had to put directly thru the bumper. Simple, yet effective.
Screw was approximately 4in. long. ;)

·
Registered
01 2.5 RS STM Sedan
52 Posts
So I can either get a 4 in wood screw that goes into the bumper or I can drill a hole and use long bolt and nut. Thanks guys.

·
un-Banned by RS25.com
2000 SRP 2.5RS Coupe
2,164 Posts
So I can either get a 4 in wood screw that goes into the bumper or I can drill a hole and use long bolt and nut. Thanks guys.
2 inch is all you need. Your also going to have to drill either way. The fog lights have a metal bracket that sits behind the bumper cover to hold the fog lights in place. You won't be able to get the screw through the metal plate by just trying to screw it in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts