Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 L, 96 OUTBACK
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the setup of the ebay front mounts that have a straight off the turbo and around to the TB. All I see on Ebay are the kind with a 180 degree right at the turbo. Now I see the 02-07 WRXs are the kind I like. They look like they fit the same way as the GC kits but I searched and cant find anyone that has tried it.

Does anyone know if these fit without having to cut more than the standard GC kit?

·
Registered
2015 WRX+TE37ta
4,819 Posts
I personally don't like the 02-07 kits because after all of that cooling it just gets heat right back up because the cold pipe goes over the turbo.

·
Registered
2015 STI Crystal White Pearl
1,861 Posts
+1. 180 degree or anything that keeps the cold side away from being over the turbo is much better. imagine sitting in traffic with the 02-07 design. you might as well keep you TMIC.

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
+1. 180 degree or anything that keeps the cold side away from being over the turbo is much better. imagine sitting in traffic with the 02-07 design. you might as well keep you TMIC.
i beg to differ...maybe at idle your IAT may go up a bit....but at the rate the air is flowing while at full boost the heat of the pipe wont really effect the IAT much....

i'd pull out the thermodynamics textbook and do some calculations for you....but im way too tired and lazy for that crap now...maybe later if people want to argue lol

besides if you really believe it makes that much of a difference stick a heat shield on the turbo.....

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Thermo wrap that section from the tb to the fender ftw = :)

·
Premium Member
95 L, 96 OUTBACK
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok.......does it fit though?

The heat issue doesnt concern me much. I dont think that the tube getting hot is a problem. The intercooler is the heat exchanger itself. It will stay cool in front of the rad and out of the engine bay. Since it is a heat exchanger its temperature has the biggest effect on the cool side temps. The tubes cant change temps that much for two reasons. They dont have the surface area and the air is moving fast enough even at idle to pick up very limited amounts of heat. Even if it would as soon as you are moving and get to 20mph everything is close to ambient temperature.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts