Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
rs2.5-sti hybrid
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are your thoughts on shooting flames from your exhaust? i have a kit, and i can do it. but i hear from some people that they think it will blow my shit up, and from others that it is fine.

·
Registered
88 XT6. 2.7l H6, 4.11 5MT
565 Posts
depends. if it's a back fire all the way from the engine, yea, you'll probably blow stuff apart.

if it's just a little fire after the muffler/cats/etc. it probably won't do as much damage (as long as your tailpipe sticks out enough.....don't start the bumper on fire).

·
Registered
'95 work in progress
771 Posts
The flamer kit won't hurt the engine at all. It will discolor the exhaust and possibly melt your bumper. But other than that you'll be fine.

·
Registered
'95 work in progress
771 Posts
Does that kit install before or after the cat. I thought most of them installed by the tail pipe. If it installs before the cat do not use it! I wouldn't even run it through the muffler.

·
Premium Member
'04 Impreza 2.5 RS
693 Posts
There's a huge thread on this, I looked into it a while back. I'll see if I can find it. Basically what they do is they skip igniting a cylinder, shoving all of the unspent fuel down your exhaust. Then a sparkplug at the end of your exhaust lights the fuel there and Viola! flames.

Running gasoline through your cat will destroy it. It will smell like melted rotten asshole. So you need to remove your cats before doing anything. Let's find that link now...

·
Registered
2005 Baja Turbo
1,448 Posts
Aren't there kits that pump propane into your muffler, then a spark plug at the tip ignites it?

·
Registered
rs2.5-sti hybrid
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya there are. thanks guys, and i know im not that stupid i wont run it before the cat. i was going to slap it on my tail pipe.

·
Registered
99 Forester & RS
1,106 Posts
well . ive tried it. it wont work with CAT on at all. because you are not going to get enough unburn fuel if you have a CAT on. and plus if you are going to put flame thrower kit on your car, you better be changing oil every 1000 miles. If not, say good bye to your engine.

·
Banned
01 Silverthorn 2.5rs
493 Posts
You're talking about gas being expensive? How about replacing turbos every few thousand miles with Anti-lag.....

·
Registered
FX45, 2008
1,274 Posts
I guess if someone you dont like is driving behind you, you can always burn em'!

·
Registered
1998 2.5RS Coupe
20 Posts
How would a flame thrower effect your engine oil? That makes no sense.

Edit: sorry didn't see the second page

Double edit: Anti lag is the shizzle, no debating that. simple solution to the turbo rebuilds; Deadbolt turbos. They come with free rebuilds for life.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts