Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Low&Slow
1965 VW Bug,2001 drz400 sumo
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so ive searched, but i got the version 1.0 kartboy kustoms short shifter with the plastic ball on the bottom thats pined on.

now i read that i can just knock out the pin and use the plastic ball off my stock shifter to make it stay in. but my main problem is getting the stock one out. i have the consol out and the linkage unbolted but it wont pop out of the socket. i even turned it 180degrees around and tryed pushing it into 4th gear per say and still nothing.

Thanks for any help

·
Low&Slow
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool got it out, swapped over the lower ball and then notice after i pop it back in that it wont work with my stock linkage.

so how long does it take to swap in the linkage from a 99 impreza. i have it sitting on the bench and planning on doing it after work tonight on our lift. also it should go right in right? or will i have to make some custom stuff to get it to work?

Thanks,
Shean

·
Low&Slow
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
never mind, i was going to cut my linkage end off and make something but i ended up just dropping the tranny down, pulling the tranny mount all the way off and knocking out the pins and changing over the linkage on the tranny it self.

i LOVE HOW IT IS NOW nice and crisp and much shorter throws. i will eventually upgrade the shifter bushings in a few months as well as the tranny mounts by TiC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts