Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the first time I've posted my car in the "gallery".

I'm just going to throw three pics up and let you go find the rest... don't wanna kill the dial-up users. :)

and the new look, after the lights, tires, suspension, etc. Oh, the Ram got new wheels, steps, and exhaust too. :)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that all depends on what you define as "better".

If better means the car stays glued to the road and doesn't "float" over the bumps, then the ride is much better.

But if better means the ride is smooth like a Caddy, then it is not better.

Here's where it's at:
KYB/STi/FHI struts
SPT/Eibach springs
STi Grp N top mounts
STi Grp N tranny mount
(STi motor mounts to be installed when I've got the free time)
Dunlop SP 5000s in stock size, 35/32psi f/r
FHI 18mm rear sway bar
Cusco 40mm rear strut bar
Cobb/PRM intake
UOR UDP
Kartboy short shifter and bushing
Momo Race aluminum knob
Mobil 1 in motor, tranny, and rear diff
SPT/Brospeed mid-pipe and muffler

The car feels extremely well connected to the road, especially at 50-100mph. At low speeds it begs for more throttle. The chassis is pretty stiff, and it sticks to the pavement through corners. The short shifter is shortened even more by the knob, and the bushings and tranny mount make it really stiff. The gear lever doesn't seem to "dance" anymore when I start the car, rev the throttle, or lift off the gas. The gears do not move around - very predictible.

It's getting a little loud for a daily driver, which means it's a damned good thing I'm doing this while I'm single. I can't wait (said with a little apprehension) for the motor mounts to go in. NVH isn't the strong suit of my car anymore. Wind noise has found it's cousin road noise, and soon enough there will be engine noise.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RS_NW said:
Are your neighbors chinese? That neighborhood looks really familiar.
hehe. Um, nope. There's a Peruvian family living at the corner, and everybody else in the neighborhood is your typical beaver cleaver white fam. :p

But around the corner there is a Korean Baptist church (I think)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, uh. That's Shaun... white male, mid 40's, married with a ~10 y/o daughter. Drives a beater Chevy truck, has a late 80's Buick in the drive, ~70 Charger in the garage, wife drives a ~'00 Prelude. They're uh, FAR from Chinese. :) Goes fishing a lot though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts