Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2011 WRX STi Satin White Pearl
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh man, today was my first drive in the rain. I've never had so much fun in my life... and I know all the people on the freeway, that I was flying by, were eating their hearts out wishing they had AWD. :devil:

...and I got to use my Subaru "Love" umbrella for the first time as well. :D

·
Registered
98 OBS
677 Posts
my 4eat awd is a bit fwd heavy... but there's a mod for that

ps: please don't fly by people on the highway in a dickish sort of manner, it give's those of us that drive like grannies a bad name :)

·
Registered
2011 WRX STi Satin White Pearl
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I should have thought before posting this.... 65mph does appear to be "flying" when AZ drivers are freaking out about something they've never seen before... RAIN.

·
Registered
99 Forester L, 5 spd
1,306 Posts
I think he is saying this is his first time in the SUBARU in the rain.

Oh yeah, and what everybody else said: AWD does not help you stop... unless you downshift! Then it helps a little.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS
957 Posts
AWD doesn't help you when you hydroplane lol
remember, awd wont keep you from not stopping.
Oh yeah, and what everybody else said: AWD does not help you stop... unless you downshift! Then it helps a little.
Like these guys said, just remember that the AWD doesn't make you a god on the road. It's nice to feel the superiority on the road where others cars have to slow down and you actually can speed up... just be careful :)

On that fact, i love making 180 turns in the rain :mamoru:

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS
957 Posts
you guys are brutal, is it necessary to have to bash OP so hard? Instead of saying "harharhar you gon' crash s0n!", shouldn't we just precaution him about safety? I understand we're not his parents or guardians, but I think I'm safe in saying that it should be known to him that we want Subaru to be a good community and have good reputation, so don't dick around.

jeez.

·
...Lower it
01 Aspen Ej205'd RS
7,013 Posts
you guys are brutal, is it necessary to have to bash OP so hard? Instead of saying "harharhar you gon' crash s0n!", shouldn't we just precaution him about safety? I understand we're not his parents or guardians, but I think I'm safe in saying that it should be known to him that we want Subaru to be a good community and have good reputation, so don't dick around.

jeez.
Dude calm down. :jerkit: He made a thread saying he was passing people going faster then them/flying by them in his 1st time driving in rain. Also with a brand new STI. We are just warning him

OP nice STI tho :)

·
Registered
17 Chevy Cruze
2,573 Posts

jeez.
This is a car forum, Its just car forum BS'ing. Nothing negative meant. keep your hypersensitive butt hurt away! No difference here, then some guys talking and chilling in a parking lot.

Nice car OP, be careful, don't become a statistic.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.