Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figured I should stop in and say Hi! I have been on here for a little while now just taking everything in. This is my first Subaru, I was looking for an RS on and off for sometime, but then a buddy of mine convinced me to do a rallyX event with him and well that pushed my over the edge. Found a 2001 2.5rs that had no rust, a few dings but thats minor.

I want to get into rally now. I come from road racing at Road America and BIR. I built a 400whp Cobalt SS (supercharged) last year.

About the car:

185,xxx miles
clean minus a few dents
suspension shot (looking for ideas to replace yet)
Every bushing and mount is dead (thinking STI N, or open to others)
rear passenger wheel bearing is going (just going to cut the bolt to save hassle)
and its time to change the seals on the engine

oh and i just got a missfire under low RPM, low speed, high torque ( was told to check and clean the knock sensor above the bell housing and relocate it)

So if anyone suggest some links for me to read up on or suggest places to get listed parts or even places to avoid that would be great, and I hope to start a build journal pretty soon

Edit: added pics

The car

My first Ice RallyX

·
Registered
'06 Legacy GT spec.B
220 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on finding a nice car! What part of WI are you from? I've currently got a rally setup and I'll be looking to get rid of some of my goodies very soon since I don't rally and don't have any plans to. I've got Primitive skid and diff plates, WRC replica carbon fiber mirrors and 16" black Enkei wheels with Blizzaks if you're interested. I'm in northern Illinois btw.

·
Registered
2000, Impreza 2.5RS
15 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on finding a nice car! What part of WI are you from? I've currently got a rally setup and I'll be looking to get rid of some of my goodies very soon since I don't rally and don't have any plans to. I've got Primitive skid and diff plates, WRC replica carbon fiber mirrors and 16" black Enkei wheels with Blizzaks if you're interested. I'm in northern Illinois btw.
I might be interested in those mirrors, I am in Madison but I have family in central Illinois and head that way often. Have any pictures of them?

·
Registered
1999 Impreza L
567 Posts
how did you manage to find a 2.5rs in that condition? especially in WI lol.

i'm in SBG quite often, maybe see you around.

does this buddy go by the name of "Touge Monstar"? lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts