Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
99 Aspen White Coupe
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First Pictures of my Car

I've been looking to get an RS for quite a while now, and finally managed a couple months ago. Problem was, car ended up at home and I was at school. Well, I got home from school a few weeks ago and after a little minor work and hassle at the DMV, it's on the road. Anyway, here's a few pictures I snapped after a quick wash.

It's in pretty good shape, though there are a few things I plan to do to it over the summer. I really need to get a set of mudflaps, since I live on a dirt road and the rocks will eat paint awfully fast, and the tails aren't exactly my style (anyone in the area want to trade out their stockers?). And I'd like to come up with a gauge pod that looks a little nicer, does anyone have pictures of the factory one modified to fit aftermarket gauges?

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think!

·
Registered
2000 Subaru RSTi Silverthorn
349 Posts
yeah i have a set of oem tails gathering dust, you can shoot me a pm, great looking car.

·
Registered
99 Aspen White Coupe
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in Weybridge, which is near Middlebury. I didn't know about Sunday's auto-cross, but I'd been told they have them occasionally. I'll have to check that out. When's the next one?

Kaiba: If you're in area, shoot me a PM. I don't really want to deal with shipping, though.

·
Registered
99 Aspen White Coupe
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha, I wish. That's a clock/thermometer that the last owner added because the clock on the dash doesn't work. I haven't decided if I'm going to leave it or not, because I don't like how it looks, but I do like to know the outside temp.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The next one at VTC is July 1st so its not for awhile, but June 23-24 there is a track event at the Saint Lawrence Motorsports Park in Morristown, NY that I've never been to. I checked out the website and it looks awesome. It's just kind of a drive out there :(

·
Premium Baller
05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
5,731 Posts
you should go for jdm tails, a lot cleaner looking

its a good thing you dont like the tails

either way, the car is really clean, good choice

·
Registered
04 STi silver
624 Posts
you pprob just need to replace the blub to get the clock working, thats what i had to do with mine. if you want to get rid of that pod let me know. good luck with the car looks to be in great shape.

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,262 Posts
hahah there's a SRP GM6 here and the kid bought some of them taillights for his, except they where the "carbon" ones so he is faster. But them I have JDM GF8 taillights so I'm faster because I am JDM. hahaha I even have the JDM flat fuel door hA! ( got 2 more w/ cable sitting around)

There's still LOTS you could do with your car. quick, get 20mm rear sway bar and save for KAAZ 1.5way LSD for the rear. You'd be so fast! hehee

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L & 1997 OBS
2,258 Posts
looks hot man, other than the tails obviously... i like the gauge pod, its actually the one i have and am throwing in when i do my swap. what you should do is trade me my sedan spoiler for your coupe spoiler and my silver 6 spokes for your silver 5 spokes... :) ill even drive up there. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts