Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
'99 Impreza Outback Sport
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Well I saw some pictures of Hail2thetheifs wagon and they trunk area with the dark plastics which made me jealous. And then I got lucky at the junkyards. I found a 1997 Outback Sport in really great condition all the way around considering it was in a junkyard just a few scratches here and there. I got a pretty good deal I think $75 for all the interior plastics, a wrx wagon trunk light and a extended arm rest.

Interior before
IMG_4335 by Tyler Compton, on Flickr

After I removed all the pieces I had to cut a hole for the WRX trunk light. That spot right above the 12v socket is a perfect fit for the WRX light.
IMG_4337 by Tyler Compton, on Flickr
IMG_4338 by Tyler Compton, on Flickr
IMG_4341 by Tyler Compton, on Flickr

Getting there...
IMG_4342 by Tyler Compton, on Flickr

All patched up.
IMG_4343 by Tyler Compton, on Flickr
IMG_4344 by Tyler Compton, on Flickr
IMG_4345 by Tyler Compton, on Flickr

Then I dealt with my driver seat, which was looking really rough.
This is what the bottom looked like.
IMG_4326 by Tyler Compton, on Flickr

Heres the bottom I grabbed from the junkyard.
IMG_4325 by Tyler Compton, on Flickr

The vinyl portion to the left is from the good/junkyard cover and the vinyl portion to the right is from what was in my car. I cut all the stitch and sewed the good pieces together.
IMG_4328 by Tyler Compton, on Flickr

The end result was this. My much better driver's seat.
IMG_4346 by Tyler Compton, on Flickr

But the fun didn't stop there. It's great fun when your significant other has the same car.
First off the rear driver's side door card was a mismatched for some reason.
IMG_4322 by Tyler Compton, on Flickr

So I got a matching one from the junkyards for $25
IMG_4323 by Tyler Compton, on Flickr

But then I took the old rear panel from my OBS with the trunk light and put it in her car.
IMG_4347 by Tyler Compton, on Flickr
IMG_4348 by Tyler Compton, on Flickr

A lot of little work for some small changes, but it was nice to work on cars again.

·
Registered
'99 Impreza Outback Sport
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Been along time since I've actually done much of anything aside from an oil change to my car. But I finally got some things!

I replaced my outer tie rods. I suspect the old and likely original ones are actually in OK shape, but new is new and better I suppose. I got the Moog ones through RockAuto. It was fairly easy to get them off and then back on.

The more fun stuff are the brake lines. I replaced my 18 year old brake lines with some Stoptech braided stainless steel lines. They look pretty good. The kit came with all new hardware too, which I wasn't expecting, so that was a nice surprise. I replaced both the front and rear lines.

Getting ready to start digging in.
IMG_5272 by Tyler Compton, on Flickr

Crusty old brake line
IMG_5273 by Tyler Compton, on Flickr

Shiny new brake line!
IMG_5274 by Tyler Compton, on Flickr

121 - 124 of 124 Posts