Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
'99 Impreza Outback Sport
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Had an awesome weekend at WCSS with the RS crew. Wasn't able to get many good pictures myself hopefully some good ones will show up. There was a pretty good showing of GC/GM/GF imprezas there.

The best part I thought was the mud pit. I ended up going really late in the day when it was super gnarly and thick. If you want to check out my mud run, hit the link below

WCSS 15 Mud Pit - YouTube

·
Registered
1999 AW 2tone
1,609 Posts
This thing looks good! Way to stay up on maintenance and not get caught up in changing things, more people need to be as proactive as you at it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Thanks Flon3y

haven't really been around for awhile. Just driving around and enjoying again. Right now I'm looking for a set of SPT blue springs or a set of 04 STi Pinks right now while I save up for a ej251/253 and everything else I need for a swap.

So if anyone has a set of SPT or 04 STi Pinks springs they are looking to get rid of, let me know, I'm probably gunna put up a WTB thread soon.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Took a last minute trip to the junk yards in Kent today and scored pretty well. Not many Imprezas, but they did have a lot of Foresters. Because of all the Fozzies I was able to find an extended arm rest and gauge pod housing. Total was $30. They were pretty clean too, didn't have to scrub them to hard.

So i no longer have the dash cubby because I moved the Compass pack up there. But I did add my DIN pocket back as well as I have the cubby in the arm rest. I'm stoked. Two things I've wanted for awhile.

Untitled by crazyskiier3989, on Flickr

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I like it. It works alright. The thermometer and compass work pretty well. It seems like the barometer works, but the Altimeter is pretty gimmicky. It's goofy but fun.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
The compass pack works a lot better now that its up top where it belongs.
In other news I just ordered a Kartboy Short throw shifter and rear shifter bushing from Rally Sport Direct because of their black friday deals. Got both of them for $120 shipped. Can't wait to get them in.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
The short shifter is awesome. Got it done it like 10 minutes. It was a pain in the ass to get the ball back in the socket though. It feels so good, it seems like it takes like a 10th of the time to row from gear to gears.

It'll be nice to get the rear shifter bushing in in the morning and then hopefully I'll get the upgraded front shift bushings sometime soon to stiffen everything up.

·
Registered
Wannabe JDM GF4
1,719 Posts
Ya makes a huge difference.
TiC is having a huge nasioc sale right now if you wanted to get the fronts and the shifter joint.

A word of advice when doing the rear shifter bushing; White lithium the inside prior to install and only get one bolt started with a few threads screwed in and then screw in the other one. Only way i have found to install properly lol

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
The grease was super helpful. I had a hard enough time getting it in anyways. It was ridiculous. My hands did not fit in the space provided. The good thing is awhile back my dad bought some air tools. Made it so much easier.

But either way... My hands don't fit here

Or here...

I can tell already that I want the Front bushing as well. It feels like there is less slop in the shifts.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Got a little update, picked a christmas present for my car. Which resulted in me purchasing some RS turn signals from JDMGary.
This is awesome. I'll get pictures up tomorrow

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Here's the RS bumper I picked up. Its BRP in color, which obviously won't look too good on my car seeing how its already two tone. I'm not really looking to go three tone. It has a a few scuffs and scraps. My plan is to sand it down and use some filler primer. It is also missing the center bolt hole, not sure how I'm going to fix that. Probably some PU foam, like Good Stuff from Home Depot. I've seen that work in the past.

Now for the good part.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Started cleaning this puppy up...
Sanded most of it down. Next I need to get some filler/sandable primer and then paint.

On this one, on the bottom vent, there was some bond and I've found a lot of primer under the outer layer of paint and a layer of paint underneath that. So its been repainted and fixed for some damage... oh well

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
41 - 60 of 126 Posts