Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally purchased my first Subaru. I travelled from Cincinnati to Pittsburgh on a Greyhound bus in the early morning last week to drive home a barely broken in, black 2001 RS sedan. The drive back was a blast and I have been impressed by the performance since the initial test drive.

I will try to post some pics soon.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Cool, but how did you get your hands on a barely broken in MY01 RS? If you want to modify it, then you are gonna have a nice long project upon your hands. Enjoy it, dude. :biggest:

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
That's awesome, congratulations man!
How long of a trip was it?
I traveled close to 200 miles to get my RS, and it was worth every second of it!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found the car advertised on Autotrader.com. I have been looking for a low mileage RS sedan for several months now, but the prices have been outrageous. It was listed with only having like 6500 miles, but when I contacted the owner he said it was actually 6200 miles and that he thought it may take some time to sell it, so he posted the mileage as being higher since he would be driving it. I made him an offer after some research and negotiation and he accepted. drove it back, close to 300 miles the first day I owned it. That has been a week ago and it now has a little under 6900 miles on it.

Love this car, didn't think I was going to like black but it is just sinister looking.

What are the first mods you would suggest. Yeah, and my drivers door window is scratched, like for the window track, what is up with that?

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Cold air intake, K&N or Amsoil airfilter, and a larger rear sway bar. I have all three, and I love it even better than I did stock, really changed the driving charachteristics of the car. And since your car is black, maybe the silver screening for the scoop, hoodvents, and grill. I normally don't like that stuff, but on a black RS, it brings out the vents so you can see them, instead of blending in to the black paint. I've seen it done, looks great.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Sweet! That's a really amazing find. :)

I'd recommend the above mods too to start. I'm getting ready to change out my suspension, but the sway bar usually helps more than you'd think. :checkit:

I drove 850 miles to get my RS and 300 miles to get our '02 OBS. :) Its really tough to find any Subarus at the dealer here in Miami and they're really rare too.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kickin_81

What to do about the scratches? Warranty or would I have better luck with a rasp(joke)?

The rest of you,

What intake, filter, and sway bar? Where can you get this stuff, not that I am a complete idiot, but SCC and other mags are just full of hondas, nissans, and mazdas. Don't get me wrong, I like exposure, but I like the rarity of the Subaru more than the volume of the other brands.

HondaH8er,

What screening?, and again, where do I find stuff for my Subaru?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
I actually didn't do anything to my window scratches. I don't know if the dealer will say anything about it, but it may fall under the 36000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. I've long past that on my MY00.

For the DIYs, go to www.scoobymods.com where you'll find your inspiration.

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Nice find.

I'm looking to sell all my cars and buy an RS after labor day. What'd you pay for it?

js

·
Registered
597 Posts
congratulations on the rare find!
Mine is stock and is still a blast to drive until I can afford
to do some mods.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ellsworth,

lets just say i stole it, that is how good of a deal i got. you can expect to pay anywhere from $18k and up in the condition mine is in with higher miles. where are you located? check out autotrader.com, there are several listed there.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Congrats on the car and welcome. As far as first mods TIRES,cold air intake, larger rear sway bar. The stock tires are just comfy all season tires but they do not compliment the car at all. For parts use the private and vendor classifieds on this board and over on i-club. :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
dont forget about the free mods! if you're broke like me it's the way to go. check out the thread in the forum about it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imprezey,

is it just listed under "free mods"?

everybody,

what is the best rear sway bar, i would want to get an adjustable one at the very least?

·
Registered
247 Posts
its under the normally aspirated forum, called "cheap mods..." , as for swaybars, its all up to you. there are the sti bars, whiteline, cuscos, replicas. personally i prefer whiteline. i dont know why, prolly cuz they are the cheapest.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts