Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 140 of 730 Posts

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS, Brilliant Red
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
By the way, i finally got the lateral link bushings for my RS, too... i just hope they're the ones i need, they are PowerFlex "rear tie bar bushings for Subaru Impreza". One pack of 6, another pack of 2.

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
Assclown I posted in here, not my fault you never replied, :burnout:
Annnnnnnnd I'm out.

PS if it makes you feel any better you have 2.5x the pages in your journal that I do!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
So hopefully the car goes into the shop & up on the lift tomorrow...
I'm happy about that, but i wish i could be there to help.
Instead, i've got to go do my normal day job thing. :(

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Assclown I posted in here, not my fault you never replied, :burnout:
Annnnnnnnd I'm out.

PS if it makes you feel any better you have 2.5x the pages in your journal that I do!
The reason i have more pages than you is that i just talk to myself when no-one else is around, LOL...I'm just :screwy: like that.

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
The reason i have more pages than you is that i just talk to myself when no-one else is around, LOL...I'm just :screwy: like that.
I'll have to take this action up on my journal to make it 'seem really important'... It would boost my self-confidence if it looked like someone gave a shit and posted in my thread.:rotflmao:

even if it's only me talking to myself.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #128 (Edited)
Well, the car's in the shop...
dropped it off this AM full of parts, just checked in & it's going to be another day before she's all finished up,
but at least the work is finally getting done.
I'm just sad that the timing didn't work out for me to get in there & work on it myself.
This is the first round of work on my RS that i haven't been part of, & it's making me a little sad,
even tho' i totally trust my friend to do a thorough job. It just feels weird...

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
I'll have to take this action up on my journal to make it 'seem really important'... It would boost my self-confidence if it looked like someone gave a shit and posted in my thread.:rotflmao:

even if it's only me talking to myself.
hey, i'm reduced to begging people for comments in the trollbox now... how sad & pathetic is that ?
:confused:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
OK... so the suspension is just about done, except my front endlinks are now like:
/_____________\ when they should be l________________l
because of the GC8 aluminum LCAs so i need kartboy spacers, or possibly change the whiteline endlinks to the pillow ball ones. I took her for a drive, & i have to say that i am happy with the ride quality, it feels just a little stiffer than what it was before... my buddy said that the old struts were toast, which i figured would be the case after 139K miles.
The steering wheel is slightly off now; in order for the car to track straight it has to be clocked slightly to the left.
I left her at the shop so they can take it in for an alignment, but we probably should wait until the endlink situation is sorted before that happens. I've ordered the Kartboy spacers & hopefully that will take care of the endlink angle issue.
So there is progress, but i don't have my baby back yet.
Patience, patience...
At least i have the civic hatch to drive around.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #133 (Edited)
This AM i am really kind of ticked off... at myself, for letting my suspension work get derailed for want of a $5 set of spacers. :screwy:
I almost want to swear... but instead i'll try to do something productive.
I'm going thru all of the CDs that were in the wreck, cleaning out the cases & the surfaces of the CDs themselves,
then checking them to see if they still play & throwing away the bad ones. I just hadn't gotten around to it, even tho'
the accident happened last April... just too much other stuff to do, plus it was kind of depressing to think about it for some reason.
Oh, well... better late than never.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
The Whiteline FSB arrived yesterday. It is massive, girthy & very heavy.
Not sure i really want to go there...
since my RSB is 22mm, i might just stay with the stock 19mm one up front.
Also got the Kartboy spacers for the front endlinks, but not the Whiteline pillow ball links.
I was hoping they'd be in the box w/ the fsb, but no such luck.
Hopefully those endlinks will be here today or tomorrow so we can finish up the suspension
and get her back out on the road again.
Can't wait to get her on the twisties & see what she feels like now !

·
Registered
99 Legacy Outback "2.5GT"
62 Posts
You will be in love once you are done with that suspension....I would suggest that you definitely install that FSB, it will make the car much more neutral, instead of oversteer biased. I ran a 25mm Tribeca FSB (it only costs $70, but you need run either the factory header or EL header) and a Cusco 22mm RSB (3-way adjustable).

When I had it in my RS it was extremely neutral, with a teeny tiny understeer bias and was a blast to drive....although it was a little hairy at the limit when all 4 tires would brake free and you'd be in a 4 wheel slide. But the best was that it made the car tolerant to trail braking (light brake application through the corner) which these cars protest violently and return fire with loads of understeer.

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
I wish I had your awesome rust-less body.
My underbody needs sand blasted in a handful o spots and re-sealed this summer.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #138 (Edited)
I wish i had an awesome rustless body... the rear quarter panel on pass. side actually has some rust on it. Need to address that soon.
My end links came today, so hopefully everything will be buttoned up by the end of Saturday. Alignment is done, & i'm told the car is tracking straight & the steering wheel doesn't have to be off center anymore.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
I miss my RS !!!!
Just gotta hope everything will work out OK today at the shop,
& that i will get her back today or tomorrow.

121 - 140 of 730 Posts