Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza RS - RBP
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some of you may remember my thread I posted a while back with me racing my buddy who owned a VW Beetle Turbo. He had done quite a few mods to that car and was having too much power for his stock axles and the transmission was starting to give out.

So, I had been trying to convince him to buy and RS and swap it for a while since he kept snapping axles like glowsticks and was considering buying a different vehicle. Anyway, after snapping his 6th axle he decided it was time.

He did not buy an RS coupe as I had really wanted him to, but he did buy a Subaru. He got a 2006 WRX that has a couple mods done to it (including the blue STi interior that I have wanted to swap into mine ever since I bought it). It is so hott!!!! Today we threw on my PIT 3" catback and GFB bov that I have waiting on me to finish my stuff. Will post a sound clip later...

Here's some pictures:

When I get mine put all back together I'll post some of ours together!

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
sweet looking WRX. On a side note, even though BOV's sound cool, they provide no benefit to a stock WRX, and can make them run extremely rich.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On a side note, even though BOV's sound cool, they provide no benefit to a stock WRX, and can make them run extremely rich.
It's the GFB Stealth FX BOV (fully adjustable).
I set it to about 75% recirc. / 25% atmostpheric.

I'm well aware. :rolleyes:

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
no need to get an attitude, just throwing out some info. Maybe other people will see it and not waste their money.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no need to get an attitude, just throwing out some info. Maybe other people will see it and not waste their money.
Wasn't meaning to sound as if I had attitude. Was just saying that I realize the information you gave and was telling what I set it at. All is good bro! :)

(And thanks for looking out!)

·
Premium Member
01 Impreza RS Coupe BDP
1,222 Posts
I love those seats, nice car also.
too bad they sit higher than the RS seats.
Now you gotta convince your friend to buy racing seats and give the sti seats to you.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now you gotta convince your friend to buy racing seats and give the sti seats to you.
I already tried telling him to get some Sparco or Bride seats and give me them, but he won't... go figure!

He actually told me to go buy some Sparco's and he'd trade me. (He's not stupid.)

·
Premium Member
91 LSi w/EJ22T
1,125 Posts
Car looks good, glad to see you got him to come over to the Subaru's. Seats look to be STi Ver.8's. Those STi Ver.10 Recaro's are frickin' sweet!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OMG! I love those seats. I'd still want the blue ones though, would kind of go good with my car you know, rally blue pearl and all...

Yeah, he's glad he switched. He just hates that I know more about his car then him. :p
He'll learn!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts