Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep so it was time to fill the little wagon and head up to Wyoming for the weekend to see my mom and little brother.

We leave about 3:30 am friday and show up at moms at about 10:10am 430 miles later.
Spend the weekend and left this morning at about 6:00am. Got home at about 12:30pm. Made better time today.
Had fun drove fast now I am tired.
Good night
g6

·
Registered
169 Posts
Used to do a bit of driving myself like that. Leave Milwaukee at about 4 in the afternoon get to New Jersey in time for breakfast at about 7 AM. Seems it was about 5 or 600 miles.

Did it in a bigger wagon, though. Chevy Caprice estate, but had two kids sleeping in the back and wife sleeping in the front. Did it once between Milwaukee and Dillon, Colorado.

It's a lot easier doing it at night, no loonies on the road, just the truckers. With a CB you could even talk to someone in the middle of the night so you could stay awake.

Ron

·
Registered
347 Posts
Cool.:cool:

The missus and I took her two week old OBS(2002MY) on a good road trip last Thanksgiving. We spent two weeks on the road and drove from Miami to a small town in Iowa about two hours south of Minneapolis, MN. We put a few thousand miles on the car during the trip and really enjoyed it. I missed my RS, but still had a nice 2.5 to drive on the sweet dirt roads up there. :)

We also used the car as a rally support vehicle a few weeks later at the Sandhills Sandblast Rally in South Carolina. It was a big hit and everyone loved it.

Now the car has 22k on it and its almost a year old. :) It reminds me of the trips I used to take in my 1983 GL wagon with my parents when I was little. :):biggest:

·
Registered
169 Posts
My wifes 00 Legacy Outback wagon takes us back and forth in NJ to visit both mothers. The 98 OBS wagon with the 99 RS nose is getting a lot of stares, especially with the new PIAA fogs, Hella 300 Driver lights and the light grills.

The new WRX seats in the front make it a much more "fitting" drive position, the Tein front coils have dropped the nose a bit much but when we get the right coils on the rear it should look good and flat.

I should get pix within the next day or so and will post them.

Ron

By the way, the 71 Pontiac LeMans 3 seat wagon is up for sale.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all!

Hey everyone. I'm a new member to RS25, but I've got a wagon! An Outback at least. :) I'm too tall to fit into those puny RS's :D

Wagons are great for road trips aren't they? I've put about 26K on mine this year in trips. It's been well used!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The second week in Febuary I put about 3000 miles on my car going to Seattle Wa. To visit my freind. I Put on a bike rack (Yakima Jaw Clamp) and bike on top, filled the inside of the car with computer stuff. and Drove like mad. I Had a great trip, and hope to do it again next year in May.

·
Registered
2006 BP5 Satin White
93 Posts
I took a trip this year during the Memorial Day holiday. Drove my '93 Imp L wagon from Jersey to Miami. It was my first road trip ever and I didn't have much time to prepare since it was a family emergency. Actually, I don't know if it qualifies as a road trip because of that. Anyway, it was a good experience and I had no doubt the little wagon would make the trip without a problem. Good thing I had just given it a full engine service about two months before. I packed the car up with my 6 and 7 year old, my wife, and mom-in-law. Eight day stay and I only used the rear cargo area- no roof rack, no trailer hitch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts