·
2.5RSMatt
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Saturday April 16th
Curry & Bonfire
Fiesta Island in San Diego, CA

Noon-10:00PM (Island closes)

This is the second Fiesta Island meet of the New Year. A pot-luck style Dutch oven cookoff!!! If you have a Dutch oven curry you enjoy sharing then please bring it out. We cook curries all day but most of the curry is ready around 4-5PM.

We’ll have games, curry, hookah, curry, and some good laughs. It’s recommended to bring your own chair but we will have a couple awnings to take shelter from the sun under. Don’t forget to wear sunscreen! The Bonfire begins as the sun drops and lasts as long as we have wood so if you have spare wood lying around please bring it. :naughty:

Directions:
Coming from the 5 N (for those south of fiesta island) - Take exit 21 for Tecolote Rd toward Sea World Dr. Turn left at Tecolote Rd. Continue on Sea World Dr. Turn right at Fiesta Island Rd/E Mission Bay Dr. Take a left at Fiesta Island Rd (there's a small inlet to the island).

Coming from the 5 S (for those north of fiesta island) - Take exit 21 to merge onto Sea World Dr. Turn right at Fiesta Island Rd/E Mission Bay Dr. Take a left at Fiesta Island Rd (there's a small inlet to the island).

It’s recommended that you stay right once on the Island and not cut through the center in case we are located at a spot before the cut through.

The red indicates where we may be located. It's a first come first served situation as far as the bonfire pits are concerned.

Items each individual should bring:
Chair
Sunscreen
Curry and, or curry sides (Rice, Naan Bread)
Warm jacket

·
2.5RSMatt
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Who's coming? Whatcha Bringing?
1. Oolie: Wood, Japanese/Thai chicken curry fusion, Spirit of JWalker (Naan bread), Indian pickles, fried plantains, Hookah(s), Chair
2. 2.5RSMatt: Samosas, Bombay mix, Naan Bread, Evan, Rolling Table, Chairs (2), Hookah, Smaller Cooler
3. SUBEWGN: "Standard Issue" Curry, rice, "The Box", soda, water, cooler, ice
4. Justin911: Soft shoes
5. The Suburbanites: Usual load out
6. Kirk: Green pants, ham
7. bue car (TENTATIVE):
8. imprezaRx7Lvr (TENTATIVE):
9. subiseidl (TENTATIVE): Soda
10: brdrhopper (TENTATIVE):
11: Rudeshadow?
12: OMG555

·
Registered
MY99 OBS GF4 v2 STI RA EJ20G
1,421 Posts
YO! I came back on here after 3 years and see the whole SoCal section is dead!!! I definitely need to try to get a couple buddies and I out there to kick it with you SD peeps. I never made it out to any of those ones.

·
2.5RSMatt
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
List has been updated guys. Tentative marks for first timers. Let us know who and what you're planning on bringing.

·
Registered
Miatamiatamiata
2,707 Posts
Doing a practice run on the curry tonight. No toilet is safe!
Just to clarify, my curry is a Chicken curry.

Upping the game! Gonna do fried plantains for the appetizer.

·
2.5RSMatt
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just picked up the Samosas, Naan, and Bombay mix from the Indian supermarket.

This sheet is on!

-2.5RSMatt

·
Registered
05' Impreza 2.5rs, CGM
1,967 Posts
LOL Epic curry assplosion hit me around 7:30am. LOL went back to sleep and slept like a baby till noonish.

Good times everyone. Looking forward to the next meetz.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts