Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
JBCUSTOMS
2001 Impreza 2.5RS STM
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that my only two options for getting a cat delete would be a stromung, or have an exhaust shop make one without telling them what its for. (most shops cant make something to replace the cats from what I've been told)

So I've been talking to an un-named vendor about making them for less then stromung. I am trying to figure out what type of interest there would be if the price is right... and about how much you would want to spend.

I know I would take one... If we get some interest I'm sure we could get these made!

·
JBCUSTOMS
2001 Impreza 2.5RS STM
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know there are interested people on here... anyone?

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
count me in

·
Katy Perry
2001 Outback Sport-Turbo
3,671 Posts
I had one made by a shop but I sold it when I had my old exhaust. I got a much better CBE and would be up for a cat delete pipe. I need to get some unequal length single port headers first though!

·
Registered
Mazda 3
2,484 Posts
ii know i should have bookmarked it, ima check real fast, but it was like called "test pipe" for off road use only

·
JBCUSTOMS
2001 Impreza 2.5RS STM
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i found some online not too long ago, $100
I have looked. The only thing that is anywhere near that price is the OBX cat delete, but it isnt a bolt on installation. It is a resonator that you weld on in place of the cats. I called them to verify.

·
JBCUSTOMS
2001 Impreza 2.5RS STM
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
enough to appeal to the vendors that I have been talking to. Or maybe I will buy a used stromung test pipe and start making replicas myself...

·
Premium Member
1999 2.5RS Silverthorn
286 Posts
how long do you think it would be before you crank some of these babies out?? ahha sorry for all the questions i just REALLY want one:)

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
I have looked. The only thing that is anywhere near that price is the OBX cat delete, but it isnt a bolt on installation. It is a resonator that you weld on in place of the cats. I called them to verify.
Hmm.. I was just looking around, and the Stromung track pipe is only $159 at Stromung.com, but it's $279 at Boxer4Racing.com. Maybe it's a typo, but I'm gonna go ahead and order one. :)

·
JBCUSTOMS
2001 Impreza 2.5RS STM
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmm.. I was just looking around, and the Stromung track pipe is only $159 at Stromung.com, but it's $279 at Boxer4Racing.com. Maybe it's a typo, but I'm gonna go ahead and order one. :)
If that is the correct price, then I would buy that! I priced out parts/labor/profit and $150 is about what I could make them for. Im gonna try to buy one from stromung.

·
Premium Member
1999 2.5RS Silverthorn
286 Posts
has anyone confirmed the price of the stromung track pipe? I tried to order from them yesterday but i got too lazy

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
1,788 Posts
I'd be interested in just getting the test pipe for cheap so I could drill in O2 bungs and have someone weld in a HFC to make a cheap alternative to a Random Tech. I'd rather have a pre-made Stainless Steel unit from someone like stromung than a custom job out of mild steel.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts