Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone give me the dirt on Random Technology's catalytic converters. Is it worth it??? need to know asap... thanks:roflmao:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have a cat back exhaust on and a intake already. Also, I was told that the stock cat's inlet was about 1.5" in diameter..... I know now that i should of check it out when i first installed my exhaust system, but i didn't (was too eager to put on the new toy). Header wise.... i going to wait for the Greddy model.. borla is too expensive for what it is.... I not knocking on them, it just too pricy..... :biggest:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'd love mine. . .if it weren't broken. The innards seem to have shaken loose, so now the car sounds all ghetto when it's going down the street, like I'm driving a can of coffee beans. I think random tech has a warranty, though, that I'm going to try to honor. While it's working, though, great sound, can't say how much "power" gain.

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
Silverscooby27 said:
I'd love mine. . .if it weren't broken. The innards seem to have shaken loose, so now the car sounds all ghetto when it's going down the street, like I'm driving a can of coffee beans. I think random tech has a warranty, though, that I'm going to try to honor. While it's working, though, great sound, can't say how much "power" gain.
I just got a used gen2 RT cat pipe for cheap. :rolleyes:
It sounds all buzzy. I hate the sound. Love the performance.

Is that sound the sign of a broken cat? Thanks

(BTW, I have Borla header and an A'pexi N1)

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl
396 Posts
It's not broken that's the sound of the gen2 cat pipe when connectdd to a free flow exhaust.

Silverscooby27 Do you have a ceramic gen1 cat?

The Borla can be had for around $260 shipped now.
There is also Prova replica on sale here for $230 shipped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts