Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
yes, it's almost time. can't wait until the '02 F1 season starts. so many changes. and with Toyota in the line-up, it'll be exciting.

jansen

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope Prost makes it back. Alain belongs there, even though he doesn't seem to be doing a very good job of running things. I was actually thoroughly impressed with the AP car once Frentzen got hold of it.

CHI-LI DOG! CHI-LI DOG!! CHI-LI DOG!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I cant wait either. I miss F1. And it makes it even worse that most of the shows on Speedvision suck this time of year.
Ben

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So whaddaya think Ben?? 5 for Schumi?? Or will DC/JPM/little brother contest this year??

I'm anxious to see what Renault will do...they were starting to really look strong and the end of last year. They should have held on to Fisichella though I think, he's better than Trulli...

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza W"RS"X BRP
189 Posts
Prodrive Honda...

The guy that is the mastermind behind the Prodrive WRC Impreza, David Richards is the Big Dawg for BAR Honda this year...

Zee:cool:

·
Registered
174 Posts
The guy that is the mastermind behind the Prodrive WRC Impreza, David Richards is the Big Dawg for BAR Honda this year...
On Motorsport Mundial last night they had highlights from the BAR launch. Mr. Richards pulled up in his GC8 WRX. :)

I am very excited for the 02 season, but I seriously doubt Ralf is going to pose a threat. I see him as the next nearly-man, DC style. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
o.k. calm down, I'm right here. I took an extra month's vacation to ski in the alps and do some extra strength training. But I am ready to begin the rigorous pre-season testing.

My predictions for the season are as follows:

Michael will win another championship and tie Fangio for the most championships ever.

and as usual,

DC will

Glad to be back,

Justin

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whew!

How is the tire rolling technique coming along.

While you were off playing I've been hard at work figuring out how to take the checkered flag....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well, fellas, I have to agree that DC will choke again this year, but as for the champion....

I think the Columbian fans at last year's USGP said it best: "MON-TOY-A, MON-TOY-A!"

I especially liked the sign I saw a couple of times that had a message to Ralf in English and Spanish. It said "Ralf, Montoya is your master!"

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Columbian is still a few years behind Schumacher, besides BMW still have teething issues and the car will let Monty down even if he can take it to Schumy for the whole year. Chalk another one up for Michael.

·
Registered
126 Posts
J Colman said:
The Columbian is still a few years behind Schumacher, besides BMW still have teething issues and the car will let Monty down even if he can take it to Schumy for the whole year. Chalk another one up for Michael.
I'm just not convinced of that. Granted, Michael is starting the year at an advantage, but I think the BMW will be stronger than it was last year, despite today's testing. Plus, at some point, Herr Schumacher is going to start getting a bit of the "Hakkinen syndrome" and not be willing to push as hard. That's where Montoya will have the edge, IMHO.

BTW, my wife and I got a chance to meet Mika Hakkinen at last year's GP. It was a 30th birthday present for her, arranged by McLaren. (He is/was her favorite F1 driver.) I have to give the guy credit, he's a hell of a nice guy. Sounded very sincere about the possibility of returning after this year, as well. I asked him about coming to the US to race, and he said he'd never do ovals, because the crashes scared him! Great guy...I hope he comes back.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think there are two words that are appropriate at this time. Some of you know them, some of you may not:

Chili Dog

Watch out for Colman F1. Sure we may have no way to mount our stolen BAR front wing onto our axles and tires, but we plan to be competitive nonetheless. I've spraypainted the wing flat black with our team emblem,

on each side, and we'll display it proudly in our pit area. A mild setback early this season, when Chokehard bought off all of our pitbabes and stationed them in waiting on his yacht. No matter, our will to win is strong, and we now have a personal score to settle with shovel-chin. You may have noticed we didn't post any times at Valencia with the other teams. Track management decided it would be best if we did our testing at night, I assume so as not to embarrass the other teams.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I forgot I replied to this post.

Anyway, Shumi will take another championship, but he will have to battle with the boys from BMW to get it. Its going to be a great season. Im also very interested to see how well Kimi is going to do this year.

But, as always, it will be Ferrari on top of the podium! I cant wait to be flying my gigantic flag at the USGP! I have tickets right next to the podium. September cant come soon enough.

FERRARI

Just my two cents.
Ben

1 - 20 of 33 Posts