Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2000 4eat 2.5RS Coupe
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This sucks...

I was driving on the Highway at about 60 MPH this asshole side swipes me ( basically turns into me). He hit right in front of the driver's side rear wheel. Pushed me to the side and he continued to scrape the left side and hit the front. Needless to say I swerved back and forth a few times and then lost control and ran into the wall... Amazingly no damage to me or the other passengers inside the car, but the outside... well just look at the pics below :(

I am pissed, just waiting for the insurance check, they said its basically totaled!

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
1,788 Posts
Good god, I'm glad you and everyone else are ok but what is up with the other driver? I don't see how they could be so careless since it's not like you were in their blind spot. Sorry for your loss I just hope everything works out alright.

BTW I still enjoy your music!

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Shhheeeeeeeeesh man that sucks. Glad you guys are ok but sorry about the car. What's up with the dude that hit you was he drunk?!

Seems a lot of us having been having accidents lately from reading some of the latest threads. Almost has me afraid to drive this weekend.

·
Registered
2000 WRX STI Type-RA Limited
687 Posts
Dude I am sorry that really sucks how one it can take one dumbass one minute to ruin months of work. make sure to take all of your after market stuff off before insurance takes it.

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
glad that your ok. it sucks that you had to be the one out of everyone else on the HW.

well just keep thinking that shit happens and TRY to think of it just as a car. thats what im doing and im getter better each day, but i know how you feel. its ok to cry.....lol. i did

i hope everything works out the way you want it to

·
Super Moderator
2000 Slingshot RS-T (Sold)
3,212 Posts
Ugh that sucks. That looks like it happend on I66?

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Yeah I want to know if the guy stopped.

·
Registered
98 2.5RS ~ EJ257D Hybrid
864 Posts
Damn man, if you need a hand I might be coming up that way in October to IAG for some tuning and I'd be more than willing to go down near Fairfax and help you out if you needed a hand salvaging stuff.

·
Registered
00RS & 02WRX
1,439 Posts
is time to shop for other car..the car total for sure,buy back and sell the parts make some $$$$

·
Registered
2000 4eat 2.5RS Coupe
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys,... yeah i am trying to move on, but its def. hard. The guy did stop since he hit another car too. He rear ended the car in front of him, but there was very little damage to the other car. It fuckin pissed me off that I went to take off the part and the tow truck company was said no you cant take it off! I called my insurance company and told them that I put them on and I want them... lets see what happens. BTW... the driver was an 18 year old and a cop saw the whole thing happen.

It was on I66E right before Exit 71 for Ballston.

Well the funny thing was, a co-worker who has never called me in the morning called me at around 10 (accident happened at ~730) to talk since "66 is a parking lot and I am sooo bored, so I just wanted to talk." As soon as she came in I showed her the pics on my cell and said "Sorry." She felt so bad and kept apologizing.

Take Care and watch for assholes,

·
I need money
1998 sub 2.5rs WRB
1,046 Posts
Man its your car. They cant tell you what to do its your whip/ Just go take parts of it. If thay give you any lip call the police. Just because they towed it dont mean they own it. You owe them no money. So therefore they have no right to tell what not to do to you car. They suck ass. If anything tell them to tow it to your house. Then strip that mother down.

·
Registered
`98 RS Blue w/ Gold rimmies
495 Posts
wow that other driver should be arrested for reckless endangerment or something
that fucking sucks man

·
Registered
2008 Impreza 2.5i hatch
196 Posts
Depending on where the damage is and how deep it goes (ie no bent frame), I say you buy back the car, retitle, and keep the sucker and just get it fixed.

·
Premium Member
'01 RSTi
660 Posts
Depending on where the damage is and how deep it goes (ie no bent frame), I say you buy back the car, retitle, and keep the sucker and just get it fixed.
Don't know about that one. I would estimate about $4-6k to properly fix the left side alone.

At least you're ok. This is why I ALWAYS check my blind spots.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts