Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1993, L AWD, Aegean blue :)
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i was planning to get my car painted on the outside because i got the 2.5RS front end(silver) on my L model(red).

Anyways, i wanted to fix some surface rust near the windshield, i take off the trim around the windshield (bending them both gah) then i find that the windshield was not done great. the goop was all the way into the trim clips, making me believe that they didnt even remove the trim when installing the old windshield (its aftermarket).

SO my question is should i get a new windshield done, THEN fix the rust then paint the whole thing?

Or is fixing the rust first then getting a new windshield better. Let me know i need things to get done quick!

thanks
-jimmy

·
Registered
'06 LGT
8,334 Posts
I would have the window removed, fix the rust and then have a new window reinstalled.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mhm well my friend from work whos helping me told me i should just get the rust taken care of cuz its exposed (sanded down to metal/surface rust) then do the windshield and look at the spots before they put the new one in again.

·
Registered
00 2.5 RS BRP Sedan
3,239 Posts
you would definately remove the windsheild, sandblast/cut/grind/weld/mud/prime/paint then reinstall the windsheild.

working around such a thing, and doing rust repair is a recipie for failure.

basically the rust is prolly creeping under it, so fix all of it, (not just what you see) so it won't come back

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah true, im probably gonna remove the windshield, remove all the crappy rubber then fix all the rust then paint then throw the windshield back on!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts