Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
08 WRX,98 Civic EX,97 A6, 05RS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a 2005 RS, part of the crown came off the piston #3 cylinder. I was going to rebuild it, but it has some miles on it, and to do it right I'm looking at a decent chunk of change. So I've been considering a WRX engine. I've done some research and can't seem to find much on this swap, maybe I didn't do enough. Everything I found is for GCs or says just buy a WRX, it's much easier. The car was free and I have a 08 WRX. It's just not the same as the 05. I couldn't find a 04/05 in decent shape with low miles or I would have bought one instead the 08. Does anybody have any experience with this swap, any suggestions, I don't need the car so time is not a huge deal. The RS is a 5 speed. Can I keep that tranny? Are the steering racks different? I was looking into a few salvage titled WRXs, I'm just unsure of all the parts I'll need, if it would be better to buy parts or a whole wrecked car. Io appreciate any feed back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.