Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently got a 2000 2.5rs sedan and im lookin to get a nice exhaust system with a nice deep sounds. Any recomendations?? Im lookin to spend around 600 and oh yea my car is totaly stock..

thanks for ne input

·
Registered
1993 Miata-T
224 Posts
Buy a Stromung Catback, its deep, but not too loud. I had a Stromung midpipe without a muffler before I bought the Stromung muffler. It sounded so wicked, but I think I may have hearing loss from that :)

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
Tanabe Super Racing Medallion

It's a beautilfully deep tone and is around the price you specefied.

...And it's bad ass.

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
You know, Subie Gal, I have been seeing you around here a whole lot more recently. What's been going on? It's good to see the increase in activity.

·
Registered
43 Posts
scoobysport

I was wonderin' if they made scoobysports for N/A 2.5's? I would like to have borla headers, random tech Cat, and scoobysport exhaust. would this set up work? would it be any good?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Scoobysport

If deep rumbles are what you are looking for then scoobysport is the way to go. To begin with the scoobysport sound is incredible. At low rpms there is so much bass!
i only have the axleback section on my02rs i picked up the scoobysport made for the wrx, the piping diameter is 2.5. I had to have minekee cut the flange off and rotate it to match my midpipe. the flange was also too big so they threw on a smaller one with a small section of 2.25 piping to make the transition fit from 1 3/4 midpipe to 2.5 axleback piping.

I feel like the scoobysport is louder at low rpms than it is at higher. it just gets throatier at higher rpms. when at low rpms the bass is what makes it sound loud and boombing. i can imagine how increadible this thing will sound when i do the whole midpipe!
im very happy with this section of the exhaust and will be getting the midpipe soon. I would highly recommend it if you are willing to spend for it.
subie girl was right! she didnt steer me wrong!
Pat

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the advice everyone, the scoobysport does sound sweet but right now im goin to wait a few weeks to see if my friend is goin to sell his apex n1 full cat back system, does anybody have one of those?? his sounds sweet on his car and im goin to be gettin a really good price so i think im going to get it.

thanks all :cool:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
mauahah said:
thanks for all the advice everyone, the scoobysport does sound sweet but right now im goin to wait a few weeks to see if my friend is goin to sell his apex n1 full cat back system, does anybody have one of those?? his sounds sweet on his car and im goin to be gettin a really good price so i think im going to get it.

thanks all :cool:
Frakk has that one. It's sound pretty good.

·
Registered
09 Legacy spec.B + 01 2.5RS
476 Posts
Does anyone have an opinion on what exhaust combination performs the best on a stock N/A RS? People like to discuss the sound, personally I don't care if it's absolutely silent. That would actually be rather nice. But which headers, cat, and catback actually give the best flow for performance increases? The scoobysport has some pretty impressive names behind it to back it's quality, but it doesn't seem to be designed for the RS, only the WRX.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
si thats a really good question, ive looked around and what ive heard is that most good brand name exhaust systems give around an 8-10hp boost and around the same torque... Im just talking about full cat back exhaust systems tho, not headers or anything else, im not sure about that and i havent really looked into headers yet.

·
Registered
1993 Miata-T
224 Posts
I would be surprised if a catback yielded 8-10 HP Gains. I would go with the closest looking exhaust to stock personally, that way you don't get all paranoid whenever you see a cop..

·
Registered
20 Posts
the blitz nur spec, Is that good?... My idea was a blitz nur spec with a stromung midpipe and borla headers. I am looking for a deep low sound, kinda throaty. Damnit i cant decide, cause i also like the way the brullen dual tip full cat sounds. I cant decide. I want something that wont give me a headache, that will give me good power all the way through shifting, and is not too noticable "Like Apexi N1 Or a greddy evoz" the blitz isnt too big and the dual tip looks like stock on our cars. "Help Me"

Also i was looking to put some pics of my car on the site "How do i go about doing that?"...

·
Premium Member
98 RS - RIP
563 Posts
It's all about the stromung catback. It sets up nice with some good headers such as MRT, TWE, brullen, and it sounds and looks wicked.

Actually, I think the brullen is a great choise also, the muffler and the midpipe. The brullen setup is very similar to a stromung dual tip catback setup, except the brullen has a better warranty. They both sound and look awesome, and will get you ready for some power increases if you want to add a free flowing cat and headers.

jonathan

·
Registered
20 Posts
so do you think that the brullen exhaust w/ the borla headers would be a good choice?... I have heard that the stromun dual tip "stainless steel" will eventually rust. The coating on the brullen looks really good. What is that black looking stuff.

Russ

·
Registered
20 Posts
will a high flow cat really make a difference?...

I want to spend no more than like 600 on my exhaust. Can i get a brullen for that much?

·
Premium Member
98 RS - RIP
563 Posts
subyruss said:
will a high flow cat really make a difference?...

I want to spend no more than like 600 on my exhaust. Can i get a brullen for that much?
I have a stromung dual tip stainless, and it doesn't look like it is going to be rusting any time soon. I have heard though that they can rust at the welds, but that can be said about pretty much any stainless steel exhaust. The brullen has a lifetime warranty though, and it performs just as well as the stromung, so it is an excellent choice as well. You can look at purchasing the brullen from imprezars.com. Actually, they have stromung exhausts there too, but stromung can be purchased from several other places...

As far as headers, it is pretty commonly agreed upon that Borla's sound excellent, but will not give you as much of a power increase as some other choices such as MRT, TWE, Brullen, etc. The headers with a free flowing cat have been known to add around 15 horsepower, and with many setups, this is not just top end horsepower such as an intake might add, but rather a solid lowend pull as well! You should search for some more information on headers, if you might want to give them a try in the future, but for now, I think a brullen or stromung catback (muffler and midpipe) can be had for under $600. Check out the site I gave.

good luck,
jonathan

1 - 20 of 24 Posts