Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Reformed Ricer
07 STI, 07 STI, 10 Forester, 03 WRX
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm cheap, so i cruised down to my local pepboys and picked me up a good old $20 cherrybomb exhaust. the guy ran it through the computer, got my size, all that. when i got it home, i realized there is no way to take off the muffler without going all the way back to the flange. and even if i did manage to get an assload of flexpipe and all, how do i get the exhaust to stay in place? i heard from one (severely brain-damaged) friend that i need to cut the welds on the old hanger-things from the stock muffler and re-weld them onto the new one. and that would just suck. please tell me he is wrong. now keep in mind i have NO money to work with here, what should i do, and how do i fix this problem?

:bonk:

·
Registered
2001 RS 2.5
640 Posts
jack it up. You can drop the entire exhaust in < 20 from start time once you have done it once.

Bring it to an exhaust shop to weld.... well thats a few $. You want to run that in your midpipe I guess?

·
Reformed Ricer
07 STI, 07 STI, 10 Forester, 03 WRX
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i suppose. thats probably the fastest way.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Or do it the way your brain-damaged friend said, by moving the hangers from the muffler on the car to the muffler you want on the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts