Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently looking at upgrading my exhaust system and am a little unsure of what i should be looking for. I am looking for a nice low deep tone that won't: a) make me deaf from inside the car and b) incinerate my wallet. Does anyone have any suggestions?:nuetron:

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Custom build a Magnaflow onto your car. The high flow cats go for under $100 and the Mufflers are also under $100. Magnaflow mufflers has been praised several times over by owners, and so will I in the near future.

http://www.exhaustproslinc.com/magstainstee.html

...then again, you'd have to find a nice shop to weld a pipe to it and install hangers.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RSTi
324 Posts
I have the Stromung cat back exhuast.

Its a nice low rumble and it sounds great. No its not overly loud and isn't loud at all inside the cabin.

They go for 500-600 bucks and its worth it in my opinion.

Sure, good exhuasts can be had cheaper but the stromung is very good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am in the process for looking for an exhaust also. The most quiet that i have heard is a greddy evo. Its big though the tip is too big for me. THe best exhaust that i have found is the brullen dual tip. You can choose whether you want a quiet, medium or loud. ANd it has a liftime warranty on it. Its not big, it comes with a dual tip just like stromung. I am going to order the brullen 2.5 with dual tip that is quiet. they have a 2" or 2.5 midpipe on them. that is my recommendation.

-Russ_99rs

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is my setup:
AEM Short Ram Intake
Borla Headers
Cobb Tuning High Flow Cat
Cobb Tuning (Stromung) Cat-back exhaust

More torque, more power. Not sure about top speed but this setup definitely pulls hard and fast from stand still.

I intend to Dyno the car and will post results.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can't remember off hand how much the high flow cat was, I don't recall it being really expensive. You may want to email the crew at Cobb Tuning and check. If you have not been there check out cobbtuning.com. There is a place in Orgeon that I got the headers from and there prices were low and shipped out fast. Once I find the receipts I will post the names and prices.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Check out Spomotorsports, I picked up my headers from them and the price was right and I received them in less than a week.

·
Banned
705 Posts
I am in the same boat, I am looking into the Tanabe super racing medallion, but ive heard that they are really loud, I dont want to go deaf, but I do know that it comes with a silencer, does this make any signifigant difference?

·
Registered
646 Posts
I've got a Apexi exhaust and the Borla header. Definately not something that will meet your requirements. Way too loud without the silencer in the end of it and unfortunately I'm on my second silencer since somebody took the first one right out of the end of the muffler.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts