Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2000 2.5 RS stm
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My exhaust rattles and makes some unwanted noise how can i fix this.

And my sunroof refuses to open or close sometimes, when i push the button i can hear the motor click once for each time i push the button. but it doesnt move. the dealer i baught it from said he replaced it with a new one so????

-zach

· Registered
2017 STi
14,451 Posts
My sunrrof also refuses to open sometimes and I usually have to give it a little push, haven't had a problem with it (crosses fingers) closing though.

· Registered
2000 2.5 RS stm
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok this is the wierd part with the sunroof. this morning i went to open it and it went fine, leave school and go to open it again no go just clicks. I noticed that the sunroof only works when the vehicle is cool and doesnt work when the sun has been beating down on it?? Cd player is the same thing too when the car gets really hot inside it eats cd's... maybe something is too tight in the sunroof and when it gets hot it expands a little causing the motor to not spin

· Registered
Evo X GSR, 07 Civic Si
627 Posts
my sunroof has been doing that ever since i got the car. and the crazy thing is i read a review written when the RS first came out (back in 98 or 99 i forget) and one of the reviewer's complaints was "an unresponsive sunroof", as in sometimes when he presses the button the roof won't open/close...you have to press the button again for it to move. that's how my car has always been...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.