Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
01RS
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2.5sti swapped 01RS with 6mt and R180 rear diff. I bought a Cobb catted TBE, and the guy putting it in says its really snug underneath and the tip is touching the bumper. Is this common when putting a GD exhaust on a GC? Does all it need are longer exhaust hangers? I really want this exhaust, but dont want it to burn up my bumper. Any suggestions?
Joel

·
College eats money
MY02 WRX Wagon
342 Posts
Longer hangers should do the trick. Kartboy has what you need. If that doesn't work, then you might need to have the mounts cut and welded down a bit further on the can to allow the tip to drop some more.

·
Registered
2001.5 Audi S4 Vast stage 2
919 Posts
Longer hangers should do the trick. Kartboy has what you need. If that doesn't work, then you might need to have the mounts cut and welded down a bit further on the can to allow the tip to drop some more.
Agreed, but you need to get the Kartboy long exhaust hangers.

With stock exhaust hangers, my GD exhaust was very very close to the bumper, but never touched, but it also shook around a lot.

I put on the kartboy regular hangers (not the long ones) and it tightened things up a bit, so now the exhaust tip touchs the bumper, therefore I have a slightly melted bumper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts