Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs coupe
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so bout a month ago i had my friends shop help me install a sti axle back and midpipe and yesterday my axelback disconnected from my midpipe (apparently the bolts came off from vibrations) so i installed some new bolts and thread lock as tight as i could and now my exhaust is a lot quieter anybody had this problem or might kno wat it could b

o and it has also not been driven in about 5 days ( dont kno if that could b the problem)

any thoughts would b much appreciated

thanx
zach

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
there must have been a small exhaust leak.

when u installed new bolts, it might have seated differently and it fixed the exhaust leak. thus making it quieter

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs coupe
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well its like a lot quieter prolly quieter then stock so thats y i was wonderin if it could have been anything else

after all we did use his air powered ratchet

·
Registered
MY06 GD9 EJ201 SOHC
94 Posts
...yesterday my axelback disconnected from my midpipe (apparently the bolts came off from vibrations) ...

you obviously had an exhaust leak, which made your car louder...now you have sealed you leak it is ofcourse naturally going to be quieter!

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs coupe
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i figured that cuz my exhaust did seem to get louder over time but it jus seems like it got abnormally quiet

·
Premium Member
95 EJ205(WRB), & 02 R6
1,906 Posts
My stock STi exhaust
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxxRE8dxU-w

Then i put spacers between the midpipe and axleback to make my car louder, also making a large exhaust leak, Here is the difference in sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuNgUSTYlJY

You can tell there is a huge different with the leak. Im sure that you had an exhaust leak and when you tightened the bolts its sealed your exhaust for the first time.

·
anti vw.anti rota.
2000 GF, 2012 Ruckus
6,119 Posts
I think its just your exhaust telling you to upgrade to something really loud :D

but yea sounds like you HAD an exhaust leak, and now you dont.

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs coupe
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea i gues it was never rlly sealed properly so i couldnt rlly tell

mayb its time for magnaflow

1 - 9 of 9 Posts