Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1994 L Wagon Grey
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I aquired a WRX midpipe and muffler a few months back. I was planning on using them to go turbo but I am delaying the project because I am going to build up my motor, get an ECU and get the trans built before I slap on the kit (or thats how I am doing it at this moment...since winter is around the corner) so I was thinking, Bring the midpipe and muffler to an tuner shop and have them pop this on (cutting old flanges off the other exaust and using them...) Well I was wondering since the wrx exaust is bigger...is it a smart idea? Will I loose all my low end torque? I was thinking about doing it for the simple fact I got An intake and na/turbo street cams in my car and I figgured the exaust might give me a few extra HP and hopefully not eat my torque up. what do you guys think? Also I think that the WRX exaust is the way to go because it looks stock (I got a 2002 rs) and the fact, I like my car on the quieter side.

Thanks for your time.

-Neal

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
if you are talking about the USDM WRX exhaust, then i don't really think it is a good idea. i remembering the first thing my friends and i noticed about the WRX ehaust is that it has horrible funky bends. as you know, and i'm pretty sure you know, a good turbo exhaust is an exhaust that is as straight as possible. you are probably better off going to a muffler shop, and tell them to chop your flanges and make a new 2.5" or bigger mid-pipe. i don't know what you can do about the muffler section. just make sure the whole exhaust part is the same size.

jz

1 - 2 of 2 Posts