Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Ntseg Muag!
SRP MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
posting it here is probaly(spell wrong i think) the only way u guys will find it. k here i go. i heard that instead of the evo VII we're gonna get the evo VIII. over 200 hp plus AWD. also has it famous YAW control system. Mitsubishi is gonna make a evolution just for us so that's why they call it evo VIII(every new production means new evo). If this is comming over is there any chance of subaru sending over a sti to challenge it. does anybody know anything about this or has more info. thanks

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Car and Driver reported a few months back that we will get the STi in 2003. It was stated in an article talking about the Evo coming.

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,262 Posts
we'll be getting the Turbo Forester in fall 2003 as i recall

·
Registered
2006 BP5 Satin White
93 Posts
WARNING- Rumors Inside

Fact- Turbo Forester hoods are already in the States. Has the hole for scoop.

Rumor- More or less this just means actual Turbo Foresters are in SOAs hands and are being crash tested for certification.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Now the US needs things like the Dodge Razor (so what if its a Dodge), the Toyota Verossa with the 2.5L turbo, turbo Miata that Australia has considered for the last three years, Peugot's, G8 from Chevy/Pontiac, the RSK B4 Legacy and ummm cheaper prices on the S4 cause damn it I want one of those.

·
Ntseg Muag!
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
N/A said:
Now the US needs things like the Dodge Razor (so what if its a Dodge), the Toyota Verossa with the 2.5L turbo, turbo Miata that Australia has considered for the last three years, Peugot's, G8 from Chevy/Pontiac, the RSK B4 Legacy and ummm cheaper prices on the S4 cause damn it I want one of those.

it be cool if we had all those cars but just one question. what's a dodge Razor? how come i never heard of it.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Subaru is actually waiting for the evo to be released before it will release the STI. Subaru was suppose to bring the sti out by this oct. but is now waiting for Mitsu to release first.

The Forester WILL be turbo for 2004 and it will most likely be a 2.5 turbo. This info is straight from a corporate suby guys mouth!!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Dodge Razor kicks ass! No freakin power windows and no trunk. Its got a 2.4L turbo, intercooler, RWD, estimated 2100lbs, 6spd Getrag transmission and looks more like a Audi TT or a mix of the Audi and the 350Z. Especially good is the part when Dodge said they could sell it for as low as $15K and still make a profit. Not bad for a car with 250hp stock.

·
Ntseg Muag!
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
finally saw a dodge razor..........it looks nothing like a S2000. looks more like MR-S cross with a audi tt. aniwaise it looks great. about the STI. Is it gonna be a original sti or just a wrx equip with sti parts. i also heard that it is gonna have 240 hp running the 1/4 mile in the high 13's.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I think the Dodge Razor will kill off the S2000 and Miata market. So why would I buy your car with less HP and Torque with a weaker drivetrain for more money? Yah right well I'll have to get back to about that test drive there buddy.

·
Ntseg Muag!
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
nice...........03 impreza's lookin good but i dunno bout evo VIII. i like evo VII better hope we get it instead.

·
Premium Member
2001 Subaru Impreza RS
586 Posts
we'll be getting the Turbo Forester in fall 2003 as i recall
I was speaking with a Subaru of America representative from the corporate headquarteres while at the Pikes Peak Hill Climb and he had no info regarding a turbo forrester coming out here in the states. As for the STi, no info regarding the release or options or price or power, etc could be confirmed, so don't hold your breath if your expecting something. The focus for the Subaru folks here was the Baja.

Nick C.

·
Registered
02 RS, 97 brighton
105 Posts
Don’t know if any of you watched the Africa Safari Rally, but they kept mentioning about the New Evo being introduced at Rally Finland. Anybody else catch that or know what its about?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Don’t know if any of you watched the Africa Safari Rally, but they kept mentioning about the New Evo being introduced at Rally Finland. Anybody else catch that or know what its about?
The Evo 7 step 2 I'm sure. Finally getting all their bits up to WRC level.

·
Audi Fondler
2000 Silverish 2.5rs Sedan
3,251 Posts
baja's gonna bomb... haven't seen anyone who remotely liked the body design... I'd actually consider trading my rs if the sti ends up being good enough... as long as it comes out before I'm done with some of the major stuff I plan on doing with my car over the next year hehe :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts