Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my friends just picked up his 2003 Evo 8. He just came over and showed it to me. It looked great!!! Didnt get a chance to ride in it yet. But I will tomorrow. What do you all think about the car? Just wondering. I know I cant wait to feel its power!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
I was under the impression that mitsubishi wasn't attaching a version number to the evolution and just heading into the market with the name "evolution". My opinion on the car? I like the idea of having the Brembo brakes standard and from what I've seen the interior looks nice. I am opposed to the altezza lights that come standard and I think they should have left the fog lights in the front grill. All in all my overall opinion of the car is good, but I'd still rather wait and get a STI.........then again I am a diehard subaru fan so my opinion may be a little......... biased :D

·
DemodderedOGmoss
05 LGT, 06 WRX wag, ZX6R
4,654 Posts
If I had to replace my RS with a new car, I'd be buying an EVO, the lights don't bother me...I can just crack open the housing and paint it red or get some V7 tails from Japan.

Sorry, I'm not a fan of the new body style Impreza, maybe if I see it in person that'll change, but otherwise. I like the Bug-eyes with the JDM projectors :)

keith

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
how much did your friend paid for it?

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I was under the impression that mitsubishi wasn't attaching a version number to the evolution and just heading into the market with the name "evolution".
no, its the 8. note its the 8, not the VIII b/c, as usual, everyone assumes (and is mostly correct) that americans are morons and wouldn't be able to read roman numerals. it also might have to do with the fact that its a water-downed VII with a different body kit covering the bumper extentions. everywhere else still has the EVO VII. it will be interesting to see what they name the next JDM EVO generation/restyle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, i think you are correct it is not evolution 8 its just Evolution sorry. I think he paid somewhere in the low 30's for it. Well I think I might be going to catch a ride it in within the next two days. So I will keep you all posted on what I thought of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts