Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Banned
1994 Aegean L, 1998 Panda!
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean I love my cars. I take pride in owning what few own and their massive potential mostly bought on by the fact that they are a torquesteer-less AWD
car.

I've not had the best of luck finding perfect ones but they are decent.

I get sick of smelling eggs when I push it hard. I get sick of the squeaks that come and go with different temperatures, I get sick of the random rattles, I get sick of the spasticness when (my A/T, not my M/T) I turn on my AC compressor and the damn car sounds like a compressor and it shakes, I get sick of my ****ing carpet coming up. I get sick of not even being able to throw in a full side spare on top of my regular trunk carpet because after a short drive my trunk looks like a monkey was let loose...

Don't get me wrong, I cherish the fact that I don't have to take a bus and atleast have something decent but it all gets old. I had major plans on a USDM WRX swap but it seems as if there are always these little small things like a certain bolt but If I ask what it is on a forum people either ignore it or ****ing harass you like you are threatening their life. (Not really anyone in this forum)

It all just gets old.

I guess I'm going to ride one of my GCs until it melts and breaks (was in an accident a few years back and I'm unsure of its integrity. I always fear something stupid like a rear shock tower busting through the well when going over a bump because I know the frame may have been stressed. There is always a freaking bang from the center of the car when I go over any bumps and have the gas on. I wonder if the tranny is slamming the frame... I fear that it may just rip away.

My other GC will probably receive a swap but it's getting up there in age and the GCs are finally starting to show their age.

I guess I'm going to try and attain a Bugeye (kinda ugly but only 10k). I just want the added security of something newer.

Part of me just wants to say **** it and move on from Subaru. I wouldn't dare even think of that even just a few months back but I'd like to see what is out there. Maybe a 240/GD/GC combo?

I don't even know what I'm really ranting about. I just get so stressed out every time I drive thinking that something is going to break or whatever else. It isn't even healthy.

:mixed:

· Registered
424 Posts
I do. All the time. I think about selling my Impreza Wagon and trading in the forester for a 996.

Then I touch it up and I love it again.. I traded my '02 Wagon for a Land Rover a few years ago and I regret it more than just about anything...

· Registered
97 Brighton, 4x4
2,573 Posts
Just think, as much as you hate your car it cannot be as worse as some of these people who are driving jeeps and trucks w/ v8's. all the clunkyness and stuborness with the added cost of 1 dollor a mile. You really could be in a worse spot.

· Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT, 1977 Jeep CJ7
1,535 Posts
I think everyone who has a car at some point has this feeling. With Subarus, you have to expect that out of a 10+ year old car. But I have to say. I work at a car dealer where all they sell is sports cars, Srt-4,RSX,WRX,GTIs, everything you want. But at the end of the day I still love getting into my 95L with a 1.8L and a few suspension mods. Its crazy, but its something about these cars.

· Registered
1995 Impreza L & 1997 OBS
2,300 Posts
dont worry bud, trust me its ok... when u wanna talk about a "old" car come check out my 79 trans am. I dont even consider anything built after 1950s old. stuff braking is all part of the car community no matter what ur driving.

· Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
3,814 Posts
i break stuff all the time too....

but what else would i do with my free time other than fix my broke ass car....

and what else would i spend ALL my money on?

· Registered
3,189 Posts
I do. I've been having more and more of it lately.

But then I remember some of my most memorable moments have happened with or during driving one of the Subarus. And they transport me to more opportunities for other experiences.

· Registered
01 STM RS EJ257, 6MT, Brembos
2,509 Posts
I figured this thread was about women. Females come and go. Subaru's stay. You need to get your thoughts together. Have a drink, get laid, whatever. You'll come to your senses soon enough.

Other options:
get a daily driver or a motorcycle.

· Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
13,557 Posts
I've felt the same way about mine at times.. everytime I feel that way I read this:

http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61226

Me too. :D

This morning I was driving in, so sick of the rattles, the bumpy ride... many things. But, though I'd love a new car, a new car means a new car payment. My RS has been paid off since May 2004. That's nice, to have your title in-hand.

Honestly I'd probably be a lot happier with a WRX engine, some new carpet, touched-up paint and a separate daily driver. Maybe an inexpensive pickup truck. Having to drive the RS all the time sort of takes away from the fun, at times.

· Registered
1999 OBS
509 Posts
although i don't own an RS, i have an OBS. mine doesn't make the noises and rattles you speak of, but i'm sure i know what you are going through. the oldest car i have is an 86 corolla. i've been working on her for a little over 3 years. that car would rattle and make noise when it was running. since i got the OBS i've felt a little spoiled not hearing the creaks and noise, almost like its a luxury to drive compared to the corolla. its funny that you say the noise and stuff makes you sick. i think once the car is gone, you'll feel like you miss those noises.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.