Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Jorden, and I'm addicted to cars....

long time lurker, recent register-er.

So, I just picked up my first Subaru. It's a '98 OBS, completely rust-free. I flew down to Washington DC last Friday, and drove it back home through 900 miles of snow and slush and ice and traffic. Good impressions so far, but I've gotta fix the cruise control.

Got home, and got a few hours sleep, then drove up to Lake Dubay for a two-day Ice-Rally event with CWSCC. DailyTrackin'STI happened to be there on the second day, so we had a really close competition since we were both on all seasons.

I eventually triumphed, in the quadruple-overtime showdown runs. He thinks it's because I have softer suspension, but I'm pretty sure it's just because it's a wagon, which is better, lol!

Not sure what if any mods I'll be doing. maybe look for an RS bumper so I can fit better lights, and there's a good chance of a rallybar.com lightbar on top of that. Or maybe I'll fab up my own and tie it in with a skidplate, as I'm sure i'll be rallyXin' this thing too. And snowbanks do get harder the later in the season we go. There's no splash guard underneath the engine bay right now, and I'd hate for an icy snowbank to rip off the oil filter...

So, greetings, I'll go back to lurking and reading up on tech stuff.

--sarge

·
Registered
'99 BDP Impreza RS
1,270 Posts
Where abouts in Wisco are you? I was going to make the latest CWSCC ice-x but since the ice was so iffy, I decided not to. I normally run with FVSCC and they didn't hold a single event this winter - the ice was that bad. Looks like no ice racing this season for me. :unamused:

And pics. Post them. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in Baraboo, actually. I think SCCLAC might be having an event next week, the surface is apparently pretty darned good! The Lake Dubay ice got pretty torn up, and the melting/refreezing didn't really help, I guess.

Couple days before I bought it:

The day I got home with it:

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.