Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
2001 BRP RS Coupe
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey im Eric. Ive been on here for a bit now and decided to put together this journal. This is my second Subaru, my last one was a red 95L AWD. I loved that car so much in the short time I owned it. I had just started to mod it a bit, suspension, wheels, RS hood etc.

Then I was checking craigslist Austin (an hour from me) one morning, when I saw a green RS for sale.. yes (UNI). It was an all original Acadia green with goldies for $2200! I called.. it was sold. :wtf:
I was heart broken and thought I would never find another one. The very next day on my local CL it was posted again! Guy was asking $4000, obviously he was just flipping it. I didnt care, I called.. met up with him settled on a price and bought it!

It was all original and completely stock and in amazing condition. Other than the blown headgasket which I should mention. It had 130k on it and tons of service paper work from the dealer. Even with the blown headgasket, the car ran great and never really got hot.
So my wife got pissed I bought another car, so a week later I sold my red L.

Heres how my Acadia Green RS got its start. Purchased car on 3/20/2009

Thanks for checking out my car. Ill be posting updates when I can, so come back and check it out. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 BRP RS Coupe
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Heres what Ive done so far to the car.

Mods

Interior
05 WRX Front and Rear Seats
STI Foot Pedals w/Dead Pedal
Dyed Impreza RS Mats
Short shifter
Tims Custom Sphere Shift Knob
WRX Momo Steering Wheel
07 STI Third Brake Light

Engine & Exhaust
07 STI Motor Mounts & Pitchstop mount (not installed)
Borla Rep UEL Header
Custom 2.5" Catback Exhaust
OBX Can
Rallytech Shift Linkage (not installed)

Suspension
JDM STI Carbon Fiber Strut Bar
Rear Strut Bar (not installed)
New GR2's
H&R Sport Springs
20mm WRX Rear Sway Bar
WRX endlinks

Wheels
XXR527 17X8.25+35

Exterior
Full Plasidip.. Batman Black
Amber Corners
Rolled front and rear Fenders
JDM Light Weight Bumper Beam
JDM 99-01 Front Bumper Cover
Hella Horns

How the car sits now..

·
Registered
2001 BRP RS Coupe
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
First I had to get this guys exhaust sounding better. What better way than to add the Borla rep UEL header and a custom catback exhaust with OBX can, :)

Getting ready...

We went as straight back as we could.. 2.5" mmm.

A shot of the header

The old

The new

It sounds mean as shit!

·
Registered
2001 BRP RS Coupe
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Then came the head gasket job, this three weeks after I just did it on my L! Fun times. :)

Nothing like an old door as a make shift work table. :)

·
Registered
2001 BRP RS Coupe
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Then something came in the mail.... again. I just bought a set of these and installed them on my L a month before. Here we go again. :)

·
Registered
2001 BRP RS Coupe
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Out with the old.

Heres before and after the install.

Check out the gap..

This is after. Im much happier now. :)

·
Registered
2001 BRP RS Coupe
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks! That l bumper has to go, got acouple pics I have to post. A hint maybe.. their glass, round, and light up.

·
Registered
2001 BRP RS Coupe
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So after the car was running great for awhile.... over reved and well.... you guys know the rest.

Not again. :(

·
Registered
2001 BRP RS Coupe
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After the engine was pulled, I debated on what to do for about 5-6 months. I thought of swapping, selling, even just pushing it out of the garage into the street and letting someone crash into it.
I decided on a reman motor, I just wasnt in the mood to rebuild it myself.

·
Registered
2001 BRP RS Coupe
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As you can tell in this pic, the car started to become a bit of a storage bin. It was after all sitting for a few months.

·
Registered
2001 BRP RS Coupe
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Forgot to mention that in the meantime my car was down, I bought this. I drove all the way to Houston to pick it up by myself. It was the first time I ever towed anything, it was an adventure. The Fozzy ran rough but was able to get it on the trailor.. twice. Got it hom went to start it and it sounded like shit. Cracked cylinder walls, bent valves, a ton of fucking oil in it. Luckily I only paid $1400.. I stuck a used motor in it, then sold it.

1 - 20 of 199 Posts