Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· OG GC
OG 01 STM 2.5 RS
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get the wiring diagram for the headlight washer switch that mounts next to the fog light switch. I've seen the Scooby mod diagram but that shows the center console switch. Need to figure out whats hot, ground, illumination,etc to make a clean install.:help:

06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,630 Posts
No, not yet... I got lazy. :p

Now the paint is starting to peel off my bumper in a few small spots, and I don't have a warranty on it. So I might just get a new bumper in the spring, and either sell the headlight washer parts, or save them for when I buy an RS...

I'm about 99% sure it will be the same as a fog or cruise switch. But if you want to be 100% you could use a multimeter to test for continuity based on the diagrams on Brian's site.

· OG GC
MY00 BRP RS...still adding to
6,223 Posts
Thanks for the help!
As for the parts to the washers...keep 'em! I have mine put on, along with the water bottle that looks like it's pregnant. :lol: We hooked them up with the plug that goes to the windshield wipers and let them spray! :eek:mg: Wow!!! It was very, very awesome!! :drool:
Keep 'em!! We'll compare once we're done! :p

· OG GC
6,223 Posts
I'm multi-tasking. I've been actually doing stuff on the computer all night and might be here till 2 or even 4 to get it done.
Well, then...get to work! Or you must be on one of those things that you people with real jobs call breaks...:rolleyes:
Now that we have some feedback, I'll get back at 'cha as soon as I get back to CC! ;)

· OG GC
6,223 Posts
OT a little bit but I have them too; they're more for show than anything :).

And yes, all of the switches are the same for pin-outs; the only thing that changes are the little plastic guides so you don't mess up which plug goes to which harness.
Nice work! If you don't mind me asking...how did you wire up the washers through the firewall? And how hard was it for you to drill thru the bumper. :noes: It took me a few tries to finally find the correct size of hole for the washers. And the hoses? :eek:

· Registered
2005 Acura NSX
1,038 Posts
http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65042&page=22

Have a look at page 22 of the above link. It outlines essentially what I did with the bumper removal and hole cutting. Recently the Subaru motor I was using got weaker (as I expected since it was so tiny and was only designed to run one nozzle in the back of the car) so I stole the washer pump out of my brother's car pictured below and I'm back in business. The pump even has the same dimensions as the Subaru one so there was absolutely no modifications that needed to be done. As for running the power wire through the firewall, just use one of the grommets. There is one just behind the clutch pedal which is extremely convenient. If you want me to show you how to hook up the relay then I will. It's pretty straight forward though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.