Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1701 - 1720 of 2577 Posts

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,918 Posts
I remember on the mighty car mods gramps build, back when it was the old chassis, they brought some guy in from the forums that had taken the oem jdm auto climate control from the second gen legacy and converted it to do a bunch of stuff like even work as a boost controller lol. Might be able to track him down on their forums and see if he has anything.

·
Registered
Cheap Kitchens
1,896 Posts

Attachments

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,705
Good info in that thread Josh. Also may be worth a buzz to the Aussies. While their controller was mostly a standalone for the purpose of display, I think they may have some info I am looking for.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,709
Small update worth posting but not being official about. Swapped a headlight out. Originally the headlight belonged to my old silver RS and the grille mounting tab was broken in the accident. Finally just replaced it with one so my grille isn't ziptied on once side!

·
Premium Member
98 2.5RS - V2 WRX Swap
1,623 Posts
Found out what my backing plates are: Studio S - craft Narutaira Aero Parts

Will update and refer the other post to this post.
"By exchanging with the waterproof lid under the hood brace grill, heat dissipation and waterproofing effect can be obtained."

I love the Japanese. Nice find.

Nice headlight! Mine was ziptied forever too :lol:

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,718
ATE Type 200 DOT 4 Brake Fluid

Not sure if this goes under maintenance, or mods.. but I'm calling it maintenance. Tossed in from fresh fluid and bled the system out nicely. Brakes feel much firmer and should stay that way when hot. Excited to test them out on the track this summer.

1701 - 1720 of 2577 Posts