Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 160 of 2546 Posts

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
:( well hopefully you had full coverage? How bad?
Only liability.. though i should be getting the hag's (yes i think i can call her hag, once i tell the story you will agree) $500 deductible.

Damage isn't any kind of bad. It would be 300% worse, and it sure felt like it was worse. My head is killing me right now.

Pretty much the bumper and beam are toast, and there seems to be no bent metal behind the bumper.

I'll type something up and post pictures later perhaps. I was being pretty discriminated against (er.. bad word choice... but. yeah.) because i am young, and my car has gold wheels and a spoiler.

To sum it all up the cop didn't believe my bumper was damaged in the accident (thought had already been like that), and the hag that hit me never asked if myself or my little brother were okay. She did however ask (fist thing too) if my (Jake's, which is 100% fine somehow) exhaust was illegal.

:wtf:

More on this later.

·
Banned
03 Legacy GT wagon
6,471 Posts
for what i'm about to say, i am assuming you are leaving the car LHD

on your RS harness, focus on the part of the wiring that goes from the engine bay -> ECU. isolate that section and determine what all the wires that LEAVE that section are (so, what goes to the rest of the dash, etc). isolate the same section of the JDM harness, and replace that section with the same section on the RS harness. make sense?

basically youre replacing the orange and blue sections (in your picture) with the yellow and pink, merging them where they mix in with the rest of the harness.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
for what i'm about to say, i am assuming you are leaving the car LHD

on your RS harness, focus on the part of the wiring that goes from the engine bay -> ECU. isolate that section and determine what all the wires that LEAVE that section are (so, what goes to the rest of the dash, etc). isolate the same section of the JDM harness, and replace that section with the same section on the RS harness. make sense?

basically youre replacing the orange and blue sections (in your picture) with the yellow and pink, merging them where they mix in with the rest of the harness.
Yes, staying LHD, and i am doing exactly what you are saying.

Also that picture with the colors is pretty much useless now, i should probably take it down actually. I am working on an excel sheet with all the ECU pinouts, looks a bit like this right now:

I have most of the 20k connections plugged into the spreadsheet now with the wire colors as well.

I'll upload this to the site so everyone can use it when i am done.

Also the 99 RS (with MAF) 251 stuff i just in there so someone else can use them, there is a column for the MAP 251 and 20k.

Bleh.. it'll make more sense one it's done and uploaded. Trying to double and triple check everything on the document before i go to town on the wires themselves

·
Registered
2000 Sedona Red 2.5RS
546 Posts
The giant exhaust probably didn't help them judging you either.. Ya sorry about that one..

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
I have the diagrams, im just sorting them into a document that you can type things into and search and get all the info you could ever want and more.

I even have the RHD WRX/STi diagrams as well as LHD turbo models (which apparently they have). Something like 1.8 GB of HD space is being burned up by subaru diagrams hahaha.

Thanks though! :)

141 - 160 of 2546 Posts