Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1461 - 1480 of 2577 Posts

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,918 Posts
So what all is required equipment wise for this, throw a little dongle together and a specific program to read dump and write to the eeprom?

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,465
I don't want to brag or anything.. but.. fully working V7 STi scaled cluster w/ OAT reading in Fahrenheit. Shift light set to 3500 RPM for proof of concept to show it's working.... mostly because playing with some values before had turned it off :X

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,587 Posts
Have you done any V8/V9 clusters? I would love it for mine to read in degrees F and not have to use the KPH to MPH converter.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,468
Got these on my bench tester... Not sure if it's going to be worth the trouble to install properly..

Going to get another set of mirrors to pull apart and try and make these work so I don't destroy the blue mirrors on my car now.

Also, these are from a type R so there isn't any bolt up issues like I've read about :)

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,469
Got pulled over for the first time ever in my 8 years of driving for, what I like to call at least, having a big spoiler.

Was following my buddy home cruising on a two way backroad doing 55. MSP passes us and immediately hits the brakes and im like.... WHELP.

Pulled me over for "following too closely" and I got a warning. Was stopped for less than 10 minutes.

Cop was nice, I was nice, all was fine. But I definitely got pulled over because of the way the car looks. Thought it was an occasion worth mentioning in my journal. Hmm. I dunno.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,795 Posts
That is the exact reason I am so hesitant to put my v6 spoiler on. Cops around here already have a hard on for Subarus. Can't blame them, bunch of boy racers acting the fool.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,473
Front Brake Replacement - Project Mu B-Spec

Fronts needed to be replaced, used a free set my friend had given me from some spare 4pots he had. Looked like they were at like 80-90%. Whatevs!

The one thing I noticed was this odd wear pattern on my old Stoptechs.. see the pics:

They came off like this, didn't scratch em with tools or anything... kinda weird.

And of course the new stuff:

First impressions are just that the Project Mus have a lot more bite than the Stoptechs, but I'll get more opinions as I drive with these on.

Took me less than an hour from car in garage to test drive. Woo woo!

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,477
Tested my purge solenoid to see if it was working on Monday. It was.

One less thing to look at in my fuel system... damn fuel cut.

Sidenote: For anyone that needs to swap this out, my word of advice is to never have to need to swap this out. Real big pain in the ass.

1461 - 1480 of 2577 Posts