Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1441 - 1460 of 2577 Posts

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,441
Fuel Pump Sender Gasket

My other one keeps leaking. I bought a new one. I replaced it. Simple.

Gotta say, I'm still not a huge fan of my sender piping and I still want to drop my tank and redo it all. Hopefully this will help fix my fuel cut issue (on left turns now.. :unamused:) and seal the tank up.

Filled up at the gas station and it seems to not seep and leak at the moment, but it's hard to tell as fuel sprayed all over when the send line came off and it's as wet as a whale in the Pacific Ocean right now.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,445
V5/6 JDM STi Cluster with Full Internal KPH to MPH Conversion

I am SO happy to be able to write this post!

I have succesfully scaled, put together, and tested my JDM STi cluster to work in MPH. It's about 7mph high at 115mph, but that's AWESOME! Reads great and true with my on OEM wheel/tire combo.

Would really like to thank Pat for sending me a bunch of ROMs, my father for his ever so wonderful electrical wisdom, and Joshua for sending me a new STi cluster once I destroyed my tester!

I've put over 200 miles on the cluster so far and I love it dearly... gonna have to do something about that overlay modification though.. haha

I'll upload a better picture later. Super happy though!

·
Registered
EJ205 1996 Brighton coupe
663 Posts
Fuel Pump Sender Gasket

Gotta say, I'm still not a huge fan of my sender piping and I still want to drop my tank and redo it all. Hopefully this will help fix my fuel cut issue (on left turns now.. :unamused:) and seal the tank up.

You still get fuel cut with the Sti/wrx sending unit? I still have my Brighton L sending unit, cuts with 8 gallons left in the tank if I'm tubring hard enough. sucks racing with a full tank all the time.

I have plans to make a "trap door" sump around the fuel pick up, but haven't got around to it yet.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,449
You still get fuel cut with the Sti/wrx sending unit? I still have my Brighton L sending unit, cuts with 8 gallons left in the tank if I'm tubring hard enough. sucks racing with a full tank all the time.

I have plans to make a "trap door" sump around the fuel pick up, but haven't got around to it yet.
I do, but I believe it to be a problem with something else other than the sender.

I just need to drop my tank again and redo everything without keeping any of the bullshit around.

·
Registered
EJ205 1996 Brighton coupe
663 Posts
Who da best? Scott (Tsidreams) da best.

Tack welded my up pipe for me at his place. No more rattle!

I'm famous! lol.

Thanks for the free exhaust flanges.
And how about that dude that randomly stopped by my house with the stock '6 banger" in his 2.5i! LOL

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,458
When can I sendz? :D

Whenever! Only stipulation is that it will need to be socketed/messed with until I have the proper scalar. I know what values need to be what, but I just need to test it before soldering in a new chip.. and for that I need a unit.

1441 - 1460 of 2577 Posts