Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1241 - 1260 of 2577 Posts

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,241
Headgaskets - Final

Well I am happy to say I am wrapping up this job. Everything has gone back to normal. No bubbles in the HVAC, no bubbles in the coolant, no tail pipe smoke, and I can (and have) rev to the moon and back should I feel the need.

It runs even silkier it did the day I swapped it in and got it running right. It just SOUNDS better, from the motor to the exhaust note. It's just a creamier, smoother, happier motor. As it should be.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,252
Ohlins Fixed Perch Struts w/ Bestex Lowering Springs

So um. Yeah. I found these and I bought them and I wanted to see what all the hubub was about Ohlins.

Tossed em on, made sure to use lots of zipties for things (aftermarket woo!)

Ohlins compared to the OEM V5/6 STi strut/springs.

Fronts in!

Rears in!

Springs sit a little lower than the OEM ones.

Drove around just a bit (was pouring rain so I couldn't do much), but the way the car handles bumps now is like riding on a cloud. It's insane. I did a drive with full soft, stopped in a parking lot (took that pic) and adjusted the rears 10 clicks stiffer. The difference was immediate and great. I couldn't mess with the fronts at the moment because the car is too low, and the ground was too wet for me to want to lay down. Front feels a bit floaty still, but that would also be just the rain and my terrible steering rack.

Final measurements for the time being:

Can't wait to play with these new toys!!

·
Registered
1998 RBP Impreza 2.5RS
90 Posts
:drool: That's a holy grail of a pick up right there. Very jealous.

So what are you doing with the V5/6 goodies now that you have the Ohlins?

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,256
Thanks guys!

Been playing with the damper adjustment and the way it reacts to adjustments is extremely pronounced and awesome!

Have em dialed about in the middle with the rears a bit more stiff. Aboslutely awesome control and EXTREMLY more mid corner confidence. LOVING THESE!!!

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,260
Got some 225/45/17 Dunlop Direzza ZIIs pout on the Rays this weekend.

Finally the proper size... but now im rubbing like CRAZY everywhere :(

Not sure what to do.. I need stiffer springs that are a bit higher.

1241 - 1260 of 2577 Posts