1081 - 1100 of 2577 Posts

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,083
List of small things that are sort of length I need to get done:

-Redo PS system with AN fittings
-Phase 1 AC system, radiator is hitting the Phase 2 condenser and not sitting straight.
-Fix PCV line on turbo inlet as it got hard and is leaking a TINY amount of oil, need to find an OEM line

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,084
Got my parts from the dealership today. New IC grommets and inserts and a proper OEM rad hose clamp.

Need a new IC bracket though. Mine is too bent and crossthreaded to want to deal with... so one side still isn't on all the way :unamused:

Also decided I wanted to break my really shitty aftermarket boost gauge T, so I was out in the 10 degree weather doing that as well.

Meh. Not too bad.

Tonight I'm going to repaint my pink I badge and then work on fixing more rattles. I've got a bunch nailed, but plenty more to go :)

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,085
Good news and bad news!

Good news! Late Christmas gifts from my buddy. SUPER awesome stuff.

Greddy boost gauge and STi option shift knob w/ the 5 speed badge.

Bad news!

Did a dumb in the snow.

Fender will pop out, ebay light was an ebay light so whatever. No real harm done. Bumper is a bit gummed up, but now it just matches the other side.

Glanced a fence hitting ice pulling into my driveway. Whoops.

New lights ordered, needed the driver's side anyways from when my sister backed into me.

Life is always interesting!

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,089
Nice titanium knob, where did he get the matching 5 spd badge?

This
I believe it comes with it
Came in the original STi box too. It's badass!

I put te knob on the car today, I'll get pics once I put in the badge too. Shits frozen out here.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,090
GReddy Boost Gauge

Got it sorta installed today. Probably going to redo it because the last part was rushed. Had to pull it open and resolder in wires as well as retrofit some bulbs because they were blown out.

REALLY COMPLEX CIRCUITRY HERE BOYS AND GIRLS!

All back together with fresh wires and bulbs

SCHWING!

It's SO much nicer than my ebay garbage prosport gauge. Matches better too, doesn't rattle and I don't have to change the color to green. Just proves you get what you pay for.

Mounted like garbage until I get a gauge pod, and I'll likely redo the solders and add in covering tube sometime this week.

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
I had to do the same with my Greddy boost gauge. All the bulbs were blown :monkey:

yours seems to be in better shape too. I've got some spider web action going on

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS Coupe
123 Posts
nice journal man, subed! I am going to make one soon myself of my 01 rs build/swap once I get my bodywork and paint done.... Very nice RSTI you have there!

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,097
Yeah my knob always freezes my damn hands (same as yours). Too bad mine came with the car with no decal :(
I have gloves in my car :)
I aimed my passenger side heat vent at it. Warms it up fast haha!

nice journal man, subed! I am going to make one soon myself of my 01 rs build/swap once I get my bodywork and paint done.... Very nice RSTI you have there!
Thanks! Unfortunately I need the bodywork and paint part still.

1081 - 1100 of 2577 Posts