Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

981 - 1000 of 2577 Posts

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #984

Reminder for me to remake my PS lines.

Did them in a hurry two years ago, and I literally just now noticed how badly they fit and how hot the high pressure lines of the PS system gets.

That can't be good for intake temps..

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #986
Yeah that's how I made them work with what I have now.

I may switch to a WRX pump. Only issue is the remote mounted reservoir is in the way of the ABS pump and my charcol canister. Also the lines aren't properly run for the PS cooler.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #988
You could switch to an fittings and braided lines to get some flex out it.
Yeah.. really no need for that when there's an OEM solution out there.

I just did the PS lines halfassed because they were what I was waiting for to drive my car when I first swapped it years ago.

NO SHORTCUTS GUYS! DON'T DO IT! NOT ONE TIME!

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS, Brilliant Red
1,345 Posts
That filter looks… rusty !
"First swapped it years ago…"
Has it really been that long ? You must be almost ready to graduate from Uni.
And to think i knew you back when you still had an unswapped RS. :)

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #992
Version 6 STi type R Struts/Springs

Alright, so the cluster**** above has finally been rectified.

Bought a set of struts from Jake, and traded the V7 STi rears for a rear one my buddy had.

Only problem with the struts from Jake were that they had one marred up insert. So my buddy and I pulled the insert and swapped in the good one from the other strut, greased it up and all was good to go.

Sorry for the potato pics that look like everything is being hotboxed, the camera on my phone has gotten scratched up from using it as a flashlight to work on cars.

After that it was just a matter of tossing the springs on and putting them on the car.

It did lower the car ~1/2 an inch. In my fit of excitement I did forget to measure the height difference like a moron, so I don't have any hard numbers. Pictures below to see the way the car sits.

Also the car feels incredibly different in all the best ways. Only thing I have left to do on the car to make it a 100% OEM JDM STi is to get on the STi steering rack.

I took a 2 hour trip today in the car to break it in, as well as drive some 911s with a friend and this girl who keeps hanging around me for some reason. Anyways, got some meh rolling shots and some pictures of my ugly, unshowered mug.

That's all for now. Just need to fix some rubbing that's going on because of the dented fender. Hopefully that whole issue will be fixed by the end of the year.

I absolutely love this car. Words can't describe my joy right now.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #997
Alright. It went below 50 degrees here, I am back in school so Summer is officially over. Let's see how we did this summer:

Red
- High Priority
Black - Regular Priority
Blue - Lowest Priority
Green - Done

General
-Air Filter
-Bumper crack fix
-Fender liner fixes

-Headlight bulb
-General fender touchup

Driveability
- WRX Gas Tank (have one at a friend's place waiting for me to pick up)
- STi Surge Tank + Sender (Can go in with WRX tank... HOPEFULLY)

- 04 STi Steering Rack + appropriate column adapter for GC + Whiteline Steering Rack bushings
- Lighter wheels
- V6 STi struts/springs
- STi (1 1/16) Brake MC + booster
- IC Cowl

Cosmetic

- Quarter panel swap
- JDM tails
- JDM corners + clear bumper lights
- V5/6 STi seats F/R + Type R cards
- Flat Fuel door
- Fender STi badges
- Tints (still maybe on this)
- Gunmetal Radio Surround

Not too bad. Not too bad at all. QP swap is delayed because of money being invested into a car. It's there, I just ran out of time.

Here's to a good fall and pumpkin all the things!

981 - 1000 of 2577 Posts