Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

961 - 980 of 2558 Posts

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #962 (Edited)
Version 4 STi Seats

Drove down 4 hours to Ohio to pick these seats up. Long day, but I had a friend come with me and a Mazda with a quiet exhaust and cruise control so it wasn't too bad.

Seats are in really great shape. TINY bit of bolster wear, and some rubbing wear on the bottom of the driver's side bottom, but other than that they are awesome! Rears have a small stain in them, but I think I'll be able to get it out.

Fitment of the rear seats is a bit off because it seems like they are from a sedan and not a coupe, but I should be able to make them fit a bit better.

Rear cards are in good shape. Few stains in the fabric on the driver's side, but again I think I can clean them out. Need to pull it off to to remount a bracket as it didn't come with it. Pics of that later.

And of course my (crappy) pictures of the seats:

LOOK AT THAT STUD PUTTING THOSE SEATS IN.

My initial reactions on how the seats feel is simply this: Perfect. I am a tiny 5 6' 125lb dude and these things fit me like a custom tailored suit. Definitely change the driving experience in the car in all the best ways. If you don't have a set of these JDM seats right now and are a small skinny dude... get them. Get them now. Should have had them yesterday.

Fabric kit for the front door cards is next on my list. Is Zealous Interiors still selling them?

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #963 (Edited)
Version 4 STi Momo Steering Wheel

Swapped er in. It's in pretty meh shape, but it feels so good and the airbag part of it is flawless.

Airbags swapped right over, STi on left, RS on right.

I tried to swap steering wheel backs to use the OEM cruise control hole without needing to cut the STi one, however if you look they mate up to the wheel very differently and don't fit. RS on left, STi on right.

I left the cruise off for now, and am gonna have a buddy help me fab a hole up for it because he is MUCH better at that stuff than I am. I can make things function, he can make them look good.

Anyways, I THINK it's on straight.. which means it's probably not. Guess we'll find out.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #965
List update as of today!

Red - High Priority
Black - Regular Priority
Blue - Lowest Priority
Green - Done

General
-Air Filter
-Bumper crack fix
-Fender liner fixes

-Headlight bulb
-General fender touchup

Driveability
- WRX Gas Tank
- STi Surge Tank + Sender

- 04 STi Steering Rack + appropriate column adapter for GC (still not 100% clear on whether or not it'll work, methinks yes though)
- Lighter wheels, will trade the P7s for them... may keep tires
- Whiteline Steering Rack bushings
- V6 STi struts/springs
- STi (1 1/16) Brake MC + booster
- IC Cowl

Cosmetic

- Quarter panel swap
- JDM tails
- JDM corners + clear bumper lights
- V5/6 STi seats F/R + Type R cards
- Flat Fuel door
- Fender STi badges
- Tints (still maybe on this)
- Gunmetal Radio Surround

Also my tracking number for my Type R springs from Japanparts, so the struts will go on ASAP once they arrive! All I need is an 04 STi steering rack, and I'll finally know what it's like to drive a stock GC STi and can move on from there. Words cannot describe how exciting this is!

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.2TS 4dr
1,007 Posts
List update as of today!

Red - High Priority
Black - Regular Priority
Blue - Lowest Priority
Green - Done

General
-Air Filter
-Bumper crack fix
-Fender liner fixes

-Headlight bulb
-General fender touchup

Driveability
- WRX Gas Tank
- STi Surge Tank + Sender

- 04 STi Steering Rack + appropriate column adapter for GC (still not 100% clear on whether or not it'll work, methinks yes though)
- Lighter wheels, will trade the P7s for them... may keep tires
- Whiteline Steering Rack bushings
- V6 STi struts/springs
- STi (1 1/16) Brake MC + booster
- IC Cowl

Cosmetic

- Gold Wheels.
-Quarter panel swap
- JDM tails
- JDM corners + clear bumper lights
- V5/6 STi seats F/R + Type R cards
- Flat Fuel door
- Fender STi badges
- Tints (still maybe on this)
- Gunmetal Radio Surround

Also my tracking number for my Type R springs from Japanparts, so the struts will go on ASAP once they arrive! All I need is an 04 STi steering rack, and I'll finally know what it's like to drive a stock GC STi and can move on from there. Words cannot describe how exciting this is!

·
Registered
99 AW Coupe
723 Posts
You should be able to rewire the cruise control stalk.

Idk if it's different for the V4 wheel, but all I had to do was rewire the 05 STi cruise control plug to match the RS harness. I don't remember off the top of my head, but the ground stayed the same, and the two other colors had to be switched when splicing them. If the wiring is off, then I believe increasing speed would be down, and decreasing up (think opposites).

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #970
Yeah it's a plug and play affair as far as mounting goes on the wheel, and the wiring (just a 3 pin connector, really just 2 because the 3rd is the horn ground) . Just need to cut a hole in the V4 wheel's plastic backing.

I could do it now and it would work fine, but it wouldn't look pretty and my buddy is really good at making things look pretty.

I don't even have the proper mounting and throttle cable for the cruise control actuator in the car right now anyways. It's a low priority.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Seats look great!

Let me look around I might have the little cruise control thingy. I don't remember what I did with it. Or what wheel it's from (might be the stock RS one I'm thinking of)

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #972
Seats look great!

Let me look around I might have the little cruise control thingy. I don't remember what I did with it. Or what wheel it's from (might be the stock RS one I'm thinking of)
I have the one from my RS wheel I'll use. No worries.

Thanks again, you literally made my week! It was really nice to meet you and the ladygirl I was with REALLY liked your Miata! haha

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #973
Guess I'll update this a bit because this is my personal diary anyways.

Headed back out to school. Living in a house off campus in kind of near downtown Kzoo.

It has a garage! A big one. It's awesome! I'll take better pictures in the morning, but the housemate seems cool and into cars as well so I'm really excited to see how it pans out.

Of course before I even dropped off my stuff at the house, I had to stop by my friend's place.

Also some sorta bad news. Was driving along a back road near Kzoo last week and a gravel truck sent a rock flying at my car and made a nice crack in the glass.

Not really a huge deal, just annoying. I needed a new windshield anyways because of another smaller glass chip and the fact it lived in California for 13 years. Also it's a good thing it didn't hit the roof or the hood I suppose. Meh.

That's all I have for now. STILL TRYING TO GET MY SUSPENSION CLUSTER**** WORKED OUT!

·
Registered
'01 RS '06 WRX swapped
297 Posts
If you get one from a aftermarket glass company, let me know how much it is. I need one for the wagon.

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,224 Posts
New front windows are about 160 plus tax and installed (i paid 45 IDK about yourr area). They are also the hardest to get off in one piece, they usually break down at the bottom middle. Have to be VERY careful when removing. I had 2 different companies remove both of mine, they tell you they are not responsible if it breaks.

Just go new, most are mobile and come to you free. :D

Both my babies have new front glass. I re-used the rear glass, it stays better over the years I guess.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #979
Yep, I was quoted at $205 for new glass. Won't be getting used stuff.

Not gonna happen for a while now since I just spent ~$1200 on school and living expenses. **** $300 parking passes.

961 - 980 of 2558 Posts