Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

741 - 760 of 2558 Posts

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #745 (Edited)
Some pictures from our cruise today. I think that's some of the best fun i've had in my car.

Did a run to South Haven out to Lake Michigan taking all backroads and followed all speed limits and stayed in our lanes on turns (hi dad, i know you're reading this). Learned pretty fast how terrible my tires and suspension are compared to some other cars. Car ran beautifully while redlining and WOTing (to the speed limit of course, dad) for a good 100 miles.

Stopped at Gingerman raceway to oggle a bit before going downtown and having lunch.

Anyway, here are the pictures. Check em out.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #748
Did this lil thing today. Finally got rid of the stupid CD player that never gets used. Buddy gave me a DIN pocket that he said fit perfectly. I couldn't agree more.

It's all about the little things...

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #752 (Edited)
Haven't updated this in a bit. I painted the edges of the trunk and made it look good, I busted my lip and fixed it (video below), and am generally just having a good effing time with this car. I've met so many people in Kalamazoo and love to douche it up around town with them :)

Few pics with some friends

·
Registered
'05 Forester XS
211 Posts
Your videos are amazing. I learned so much on how to diagnose issues, find parts, fix, and maintain my subaru.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #759
Brake Job: Stoptech Pads and SS Lines

So on Friday night I did my brake job. Stoptech front pads and stainless lines.

I went to do the rears under the assumption that V4 STi rears were the same as RS things, however this wasn't the case.

Vented rear rotors, with pads that are bigger. Same diameter rotor though.

Here is what I had vs the new stuff I had bought:

As it turns out, the pads come from a 98/99 LGT, and the rotors from from 1st gen Legacy Turbos. Weird. Confirmed it by having the guys down at O'Reily's pull out the parts. So I threw the old rears back on with the SS lines and will change them when parts come in later. The fronts were the ones that were REALLY bad anyways.

Also I learned that night i shouldn't be a bartender. Ever.

After driving a bit with the car, i really do like the SS lines. Definitely a more defined pedal feel. As for the pads, don't really see a huge difference over my old pads, but for all i know they could have been great stuff. Never knew, as they were the ones that came on the STi clip.

741 - 760 of 2558 Posts