Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 2551 Posts

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Goldies look good, any paint on the bumper yet?
Thanks! I really like them minus that centercap that is making me OCD haha, should be here soon. Was just shipped from the dealer the other day.

Also i am buying a decent condition RBP bumper.. gonna save me over $100 and i am not looking for a perfect paint job anyways.

I put the primed bumper back on because when it snowed once at night i was coming back from class and i realized i needed my foglights in order to see anything haha.

Just waiting for a response from the guy with the bumper on a final price and it'll be on it's way here.

·
Registered
2000 impreza 2.5rs BRP
67 Posts
great progress man. I remember seeing the car over the summer. the goldies look great. maybe one day if your not to busy ill stop by and check it out.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Awesome, you selling your old bumper??
If all goes as planned then yeah

great progress man. I remember seeing the car over the summer. the goldies look great. maybe one day if your not to busy ill stop by and check it out.
Thanks man! And yeah, i want to plan a meet or something for us metro detroiters.. quite a few of us want to meet up but the nasioc meets are all.. meh. haha

If someone has a place we could meet up at i'd be willing to coordinate it and such

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Just got my centercap in.

OCD = Cured.

Also i guess this guy DOESN'T want to sell me his bumper.. keeps being flaky on responding to me and i just don't want to deal with it.

Bumper will come back off tomorrow and i'll bring it to the paint shop. Ugh.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
So i finally got my bumper to the paint shop... $250 and it should be done on Thursday.

Picture before i ripped the bumper off today, we got some snow finally!

·
Registered
99 impreaza aspen white
771 Posts
damn dude i didnt know the shippers gave you all that trouble... sorry bro.. looks like things turned for the better. she looks alot better in your drive way then my. keep up the good work bro im sure the og owner would be proud. (he kept looking at me with a :( face when i told him i was going to strip the car when i bought it.)

·
Registered
99 impreaza aspen white
771 Posts
hahah i dont think hes even a member on here. i think he just joined to sell it.judging by the paperwork he had with it his mechanical experience i believe to be minimal.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Bumper Paint

Well it's finally done $248.64 later, and it looks great. Color matching is almost spot on, but i need to wash the car and get it in sunlight to see for sure.

Pics do the bet talking so here they are. More when it's light out:

Now to fix that horrible quarter damage...

Attachments

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Do I spy an electric car?

-crash
Haha yup.

No one in my family owns it. My dad works for Magna E-Car which is the company doing the motors and software for the Electric Focus, so he brings home some toys every now and then.

Had the Volt in this week. Car is garbage in every way.

41 - 60 of 2551 Posts